Hernia repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the difference between laparoscopic and full incision, which is what I had. I couldn't walk at all for a day or so, then limped outside for short walks, and it was weeks before I could lift anything. I didn't dare lifting weights at the gym for months after the surgery. My doc didn't offer me any alternative type of surgery. @formernuke, if outpatient laparoscopic is an option, take it.

I think it will be based on size, but I'm not a surgeon so.....

I happen to be at home recovering right now form hernia surgery......
mine was hiatal though, along with an acid reflux fix.... very different so I'm not really in a position to comment on yours
but good luck!

I happen to be at home recovering right now form hernia surgery......
mine was hiatal though, along with an acid reflux fix.... very different so I'm not really in a position to comment on yours
but good luck!

Same to you. Fast healing thoughts

So just got home from seeing the surgeon.

Operation is next week, I'm not a good fit laparoscopic so 6 weeks no lifting heavy things aka dive gear after the surgery.

So just got home from seeing the surgeon.

Operation is next week, I'm not a good fit laparoscopic so 6 weeks no lifting heavy things aka dive gear after the surgery.
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with it. Several of us have been there.

Surgery was Wednesday. Overall pain level for a Surgery isn't horrible. I stopped taking the narcotics on Thursday because I don't like them and it's a mini me weekend.

Pain isn't bad unless I cough, sneeze or the actual getting up part.

Surgery was Wednesday. Overall pain level for a Surgery isn't horrible. I stopped taking the narcotics on Thursday because I don't like them and it's a mini me weekend.

Pain isn't bad unless I cough, sneeze or the actual getting up part.

It’ll be over before you know it, just take it easy and don’t hurt yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom