Hero3+ footage from Raja Ampat Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the footage now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh9sZ7530yU same link I think. I did this via youtube video editing water temp. could you please show me a picture know with filter that does have better quality. I do not like filters because I was the second employee and helped to build polarpro filters and (I did make quite of money in europe) he cut me off inventory and it basically took my cash flows to nothing because of personal issues. I was using the backstatter flip 3.1 but forgot to put it on and needed to get 3rd party shots of the gomask for xs. But let me know also what you think about the new youtube editing. It took 15 seconds.

I still don't see a colorful image, just overwhelmingly blue. No offense but my videos WITH a filter look far better.
No offenes taken. Not like that is my primary camera or anything. Just there as a secondary backup. You know your taking pictures of Pigmy's then all of a sudden a huge oceanic manta comes over...sometimes you don't realize till its to late. That is the value I see in the GoPro.

Yeah, the head mount is useless for Scuba.......the bubbles ruin every video that you take....I still dont understand how anyone thought that was a good idea...

could you please show me a picture know with filter that does have better quality. I do not like filters .

Here is a short clip shot with a GoPro 3. I cut a circle from a filter sheet, put it in the housing in front of the lens. Whites are a little blown out, but colors look decent to me.

[vimeo]64353126[/vimeo]

Here is a short clip shot with a GoPro 3. I cut a circle from a filter sheet, put it in the housing in front of the lens. Whites are a little blown out, but colors look decent to me.

[vimeo]64353126[/vimeo]
Paul Cwalina, that is what your video should look closer to. It doesn't require sacrificing light. A simple colored filter and you'll have more natural color. There is no feature in YouTube that could accomplish that.

.... I do not like filters because I was the second employee and helped to build polarpro filters and (I did make quite of money in europe) he cut me off inventory and it basically took my cash flows to nothing because of personal issues. I was using the backstatter flip 3.1 but forgot to put it on ...

I understand the bad history with the polarpro people. I don't understand the issue against filters. Especially since you have a Backscatter filter. A flip filter. Don't want to believe us ? Do you own test. The flip filter is perfect for comparisons.

No no, I believe you. So Backscatter filter for the Red Sea next Month? has any decent macro footage came out of a Gopro yet? I see advertizments now for 10x dioplar but I do not beleive that it could take good footage of Pigmies. Well I guess Ill just leave the flip on for now.
BTW- The reason I was using the mask was because it was a promotional shooting for XS Scuba. When I am just taking a GoPro I use a Carbon Fiber VuVantage pole. This is why I am interested to see how the macro turns out. I also do not like the bubbles in the first 30 seconds but for a good 45 seconds of it there is great footage.
In regards to the Gomask and Octomask for that sake it really matters which way the current is going in relationship to your mask. I was using the new 2015 side-breather stage 2 from XS so it was not the reg. If was defiantly me swimming with instead of swimming against the current. Hmmm I am given them to test out and I do that is why I come to the forums for feedback.

Back
Top Bottom