hey wouldnt it be neat if

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoW
We just got back to Michigan from our week in Hilton Head. (waved at every car or truck with a diving sticker) Still disappointed that we could not dive while we were there, we had so looked forward to it.Don's surgery is this Thursday and his doctor says that if all goes well, he might be cleared to dive in around 8 weeks!
But back to the subject of the thread- the shirts! Great idea and great designs! I am really excited and Don and I will definitely each need one. My only concern about the long sleeves is that my arms are very short and Don's arms are very long, so long sleeves are sometimes hard to fit. But we will manage!:) I am used to rolling up sleeves! I like the small logo on the front with our name underneath and the larger logo (our dive flag) with the web address underneath.
Happy diving everyone!

Glad to hear things are fine, and a good way to spot some DSD'S
down here is to look for a spear gun under the 30-06 thats hanging on the gun rack in the window of a pick-up:wink:

again glad to hear all is well

later

I love the ideas, and I am really interested in the long sleeve t-shirt. You are so right about not having any dive shirts with long sleeves. I usually look for them, since I don't have any.

By, the way the Conch Divers are on to us and are planning their own shirt too!

yeah we better get busy, ive thought up of some more neat designs havnt work them up yet

what if we had all the dsd states flags down one sleeve and yellow text down the other sleeve and our dive flag up front and back with a modo and rep.

Here's the design I'm thinking of... It just sorta culminates a lot of our ideas...

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=seajzay@bftwave.net&F=dsd

Notice that I chose the looser-fitting and higher quality "Hanes Beefy-T."

Also, notice the change in font color (I have a shirt with this color combination, and it looks terrific - very conservative, high in quality, and sorta "old fashioned" looking).

Notice, too, the typeset ("font") change from "Arial" to "Georgia." This looks much more Southern to me.

I placed some lettering around the shirt... Sorta a mix of what people's suggestions have been.

I did not clean up what the site did to the Rebel Dive Flag. Sorry, I didn't bother. Y'all know what it's supposed to look like. :)

Lastly, the site does not allow for designing on the sleeve, so that could not be incorporated. My suggestion is to have the State flags running down the right sleeve only. I think the left sleeve should have "Deep South Divers" running up it, as it will give a very interesting "asymmetric" look to the shirt. (Color on one side, but only gold on the other.)

The only thing that I think needs to be done to this shirt is that the design over the left breast should not be a repeat of what's on the back of the shirt. I think we need another graphic there - something that melds into the design of the shirt, but is different than what's on the back and sorta does a little better job explaining that this is about "scuba diving." I was thinking... Maybe a silhouette of a diver?

i like that, using the word team is a great idea, we just gotta find a copany that is able to print on sleeves. what about a siloett of the hunley or the ross kinda sitting on the bottom with a couple of divers swiming towards,

with the words the south will dive again, kinda think about the sunken sub, then you see dsd's swimming toward it, kinda like the picture goes with the slogan

New2ScubaSC once bubbled...
i like that, using the word team is a great idea

Thanks! I like that, too... It says a lot about the mentality of the group of us... Like "we take fun seriously" and "we're not just a bunch of yahoos." :)

The word "underwater" explains everything so that there's no misunderstanding of what the term, "Divers" means... We're not a skydiving team and we're not a bunch of highdivers or bungee jumpers. :)

Conversely, we could use a silhouette of a scuba diver, but I think that clutters things a bit and makes for a shirt that's a little more "'80's" and not quite so nice-n-conservative, like the South is known for.

...So I think I've changed my mind on the silhouette. What do you think?

We just gotta find a copany that is able to print on sleeves.

I called the company that has the website... They can print on the sleeves... Their website simply doesn't have the capacity to allow you to design it.

We'd simply call in and explain the rest. I think they'd "get it" without a problem.

By the way... I've thought about it, and I think that the flags need to go on the left sleeve, with the words, "Deep South Divers" running down the right sleeve... That way, the letters are "right side up."

what about a siloett of the hunley or the ross kinda sitting on the bottom with a couple of divers swiming towards,

I'm open to that idea... RavenC's design had something like that. Of course, that works for SC, but not really for the other States. It seems like they're not really familiar with that icon, and if they were, they don't affiliate it with diving like we do.

...But if we did something like that, where would you think it would go on the shirt?

By the way... Another rendition of the shirt: http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=seajay@bftwave.net&F=dsd4 I changed the size of the website address on the back of the T. On the ones before, it didn't look like it really belonged with the rest of the design. I like this one better.

Ok here are two of the designs I came up with. The first one, not posted here, is just like the first shirt SJ posted with the two flags and the tagline with the web address. Here are a couple more for input.

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=rsc@bftwave.net&F=dsdhunley

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=rsc@bftwave.net&F=dsdflagst

Note that I have to go back in and replace the white that isn't there, like on the Bama flag. Sorry.

I like the idea of the flags on the sleeves but I don't like everything on there. That is too much. Big logo on back, little on front, words everywhere and flags on one sleeve, tagline on the other. It's not a billboard. LOL Anyway, what are your thoughts. We don't have to pick only one design either. R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom