Hey y'all from LA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

janamc

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
That would be Louisiana, not Los Angeles. :)

I'm a brand-new certified OW diver!!! (Can you tell I'm a little bit proud of that?? lol) My husband and I certified in Cozumel last week while the big Scubaboard "invasion" was going on at Hotel Cozumel. We really enjoyed y'all's slide show at dinner btw!

Being newly certified, we've been asking ourselves, "What next?" Being landlocked in DeRidder, LA, we're gonna hafta do some traveling to practice our new skills. We've looked at lots of local fresh-water dive sites, but I'm still not feeling 100% confident about solo diving just yet. I think we're gonna look into AOW certification next. That way, we'll be getting to dive and still learning at the same time. I think I'll be less susceptible to the underwater heebie-jeebies with a DI present. Wanna make sure I feel A-OK before swimming off solo.

So, there's a tidbit about me. I'm sure you'll see more from me in the forum...What if...? When do I...? But what about...? Yeah, I've got lots of questions! :confused:

Happy diving!
Jana Mc

Welcome to diving Jana Mc! I'm pretty new myself (certified a year ago), also live in landlocked North Louisiana (Jonesboro, specifically, another papermill town), and can easily detect the excitement in your post! Have fun!!! Hope to dive with you someday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom