Hi Are Aqualung Blades 2 Goood Fins To Get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robya

Registered
Reaction score
hi i was wondering if aqualung blades 2 are good fins to get? .:huh:
i have a ladies size 6 foot.
I just came back from a scuba shop near my house and the guy working there said aqualung blades were not good at all.actually he said all aqualung stuff was not good at all.Is there any truth to this?He said they did'nt carry any aqualung products in the store. thanks :)tanya

Hi Tanya,
No need to SHOUT here! :)
Blades are excellent fins. Can't imagine why anyone would say otherwise.
There are plenty of other excellent fins too; trying to decide which ones to buy is sometimes daunting.
Bottom line, one who denigrates a fine product is short on real praise for whatever they're selling.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Hi Tanya,
No need to SHOUT here! :)
Blades are excellent fins. Can't imagine why anyone would say otherwise.
There are plenty of other excellent fins too; trying to decide which ones to buy is sometimes daunting.
Bottom line, one who denigrates a fine product is short on real praise for whatever they're selling.
Rick
sorry did'nt know i was yelling :) lol :) i guess typing in capials is considered yelling??

thanks for the advice.i'm new to the sport so buying things for scuba diving can be very confusing.especially when you have someone who works in a dive shop telling you that all aqualung stuff basically sucks.

I have been using Blades for the last few years and just got a pair of Blades II, (needed XL for my boots). I have also used Mares Quattros for years (Excellent fin also).
New Blades II version seems to work well.
Never had a problem with the original Blades.
Hope this helps.
Regardless of my experiences, you should try fins for YOUR comfort and fit, and ease of removal.

robya:
I guess typing in capials is considered yelling??
Usually :)
One of those unwritten internet "laws."
Rick
P.S. As for Aqua Lung/US Divers stuff, they've been at it a long time, and generally have pretty good products. Not that they can't send out a lemon every now and then - any manufacturer can - but all the AL stuff I've owned has been good stuff (still have a tank from '65 and a regulator from '71 as well as lots of other stuff); your dive shop guy is wrong.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Rick
P.S. As for Aqua Lung/US Divers stuff, they've been at it a long time, and generally have pretty good products. Not that they can't send out a lemon every now and then - any manufacturer can - but all the AL stuff I've owned has been good stuff (still have a tank from '65 and a regulator from '71 as well as lots of other stuff); your dive shop guy is wrong.
Rick

the dive shop guy must have something against aqualung maybe.

Rick Murchison:
Rick
Rick

It couldn't be because they didn't sell AL could it!?!?! :huh: :D :wink:

Sdiver2489:
It couldn't be because they didn't sell AL could it!?!?! :huh: :D :wink:
well the guy at shop kept on going on and on saying "we only sell the top of the line scuda equipment here."you'll only find the best equipment here."bla blah blah.
well i'm glad in my city there's more than one dive shop

robya:
well the guy at shop kept on going on and on saying "we only sell the top of the line scuda equipment here."you'll only find the best equipment here."bla blah blah.
well i'm glad in my city there's more than one dive shop

So they sell Sherwood? :D

My wife uses Blade II fins. At first she didn't like them. They're a fairly stiff fin and she just had to use them a bit to condition her muscles to get used to them. They're actually fairly highly rated in fin reviews.

Back
Top Bottom