Hi Are Aqualung Blades 2 Goood Fins To Get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While there are some differences between brands, generally most of the equipment sold these days is very good to excellent in quality. Aqualung makes a great line of equipment so the salesman is just trashing a brand his shop doesn't carry. Keep that in mind. Its ok to prefer one brand over another...I've just purchased a Scubapro regulator and feel that Scubapro is the best (imho)...but that doesn't go to say that Aqualung is crap. Get what you want, you'll be happier.

It's the "all or none rule"...if someone says all of one thing is trash, don't believe it. He just wants you to buy something from his shop and he doesn't sell the blades...

The original Blades fin was a great fin that we sold and used ourselves for years. The new Blades II is a great fin also. We've had lots of customers absolutely love them. It just depends on what you're looking for in a fin. If you can, try some different ones on, maybe a dive buddy will let you try theirs. You can look at some different ratings and read why they are rated well on scubadiving.com, but it all comes down to personal preference. We sell tons of the top rated Aeris Velocity, it is an excellent fin. And the new Mako is making a big splash :wink:. Just take a look and ask questions.

http://www.crazyscuba.com/cat_adjustable.cfm

Good luck,
Britt:fish:

He says they're crap because they don't sell that brand. He's trying to sell you what's on the shelf. I would suggest looking elsewhere, as AL puts out a good product (no I'm not a rep, or do I even own their gear). Use a shop that gives you ideas, instead of selling you only what they have on the rack. You have used the best reference available, this board. Hundreds of different opinions. If you're new, this board is better than a shop, everyone is here because we love diving, not because we are selling something. Get lots of opinions before spending $$$.

divedeepnj:
He says they're crap because they don't sell that brand. He's trying to sell you what's on the shelf. I would suggest looking elsewhere, as AL puts out a good product (no I'm not a rep, or do I even own their gear). Use a shop that gives you ideas, instead of selling you only what they have on the rack. You have used the best reference available, this board. Hundreds of different opinions. If you're new, this board is better than a shop, everyone is here because we love diving, not because we are selling something. Get lots of opinions before spending $$$.

thanks for the great advice:wink:

I have a pair of the original blades and have really liked them. They are on the stiff side, so it will take a little time for your legs to get used to them. As for AquaLung, they are a great company that I have been using for the past 20 years. I always use their masks, fins, snorkels, bc's, knifes, and bags. I am also thinking about getting a pair of the newer Rocket Fins just for snorkelling.

I own a pair of AL blades 2 and I like them. You get plenty of thrust for those times when you have to fight current or surf. They are a good pair of fins for OW-diving...

The only reason I don´t use them anymore is that I think they´re too long. I like confined spaces like overhangs and the insides of wrecks and they´re just too long for those enviroments, IMO...I dive jetfins which are heavier, shorter and wider...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom