Hi from Massachusetts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunofs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi!

I joined the forum back in 2004 when I first got into diving, and have been reading and learning a lot up to now.

A little background about myself: I got certified in Aruba, have dived in Florida a few times too, then had to put diving on hold for a while... up until this summer I had been a warm water diver, somewhat afraid of the cold Massachusetts water but did my first local dives in Cape Ann this summer and loved it.

I'm hoping to participate in the forums, and also looking forward to getting in touch with local divers, as I don't yet have a local buddy to dive with.

Welcome,,,even though I'm technically newer to the board. Out west in Belchertown and dive a lot in Provincetown. Where in Mass are you? Still diving this season?
Regards, Brad

Hi Brad, thanks for the welcome! I'm in Westford. I'd like to still do a few dives this season (as long as I can use a wetsuit).

:colouredsmilies: Welcome to ScubaBoard! :colouredsmilies: While I am not a local diver, it would be nice to hear about your experiences locally.

Well,
I'd say it's still wetsuit weather but I'm currently diving dry and pretty well padded to boot. I dove Jamestown RI last weekend and it wasn't cold to my head in a loose fitting hood. If you are up for a drive theres a free beach dive organized by Aqua Center in Sandwich on Sunday mornings. Thats about 70 minutes from Boston Center They are also doing a night dive tomorrow. I haven't been diving with them but had a nice talk with the owner, Gary, on my way to P-town. Theres some group I've read about that meets at a Burger King up route 128. Maybe post something in New England Lobsta Divers Forum to get better local info on groups still diving. I'm trying to get to the north shore soon but that will probably at least two weeks away. Gotta run, Hoping to get organized and dive in the AM for some bugs.
Brad

Thanks, I'll look into the beach dive you mentioned, it'd be almost a 2 hour drive for me. I've posted on the regional forum too. Good luck with the lobsters tomorrow!

Nuno

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom