Hi Guys & Gals!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, did the Skelligs a couple of times...beautiful spot, great diving. Hell of a run off the Little Skellig last time we were there, though, two divers swept off it. Only found them because the coxn was so sharp. We dived with Pat and Sandra at Valentia Sea Sports

Don't know how long you're here, but you might like to take in the Kowloon Bridge and the Glandore Sub as well. Probably best dived out of Baltimore in Cork. Try Gerry and Rian at Aquaventures

How the hell do you dive the UK and Ireland after all the warm water diving you've done. Beyond me...
Do you have a chap there in Yorshire Divers by the name of Grassby?

Thought you might be a paddy with a name like Tierney. :eek:ut:

Well if we do, he/she doesn't post much.

Actually, the name Yorkshire Divers is a bit of a misnomer. When I joined in May last year, there were about 40-odd members, most from Yorkshire and the North East of England.

Now, we've got members in Ozz, Netherlands, NZ, Canada and about 340 members - only about 25 of those from Yorkshire.

Any way, cheers for the advice on the dive centres for the two dive sites. Will deffo look into them for the tour.

Cheers and dive safe.

welcome to the board Bren Tierney:)

Welcome to the Board Bren.

Whereabouts did you dive in Oz?

If you love wrecks, I hope you found time to dive the Yongala?

Happy diving!

The Australian Bight, then out of Cairns/Townsville and then headed off walkabout before heading over to dive in NZ (Bay of Islands). Alas, didn't get to do the Yangala :(

But hey, Ozz is still there and I'm not dead - yet! Like Arnie, "I'll be back!" :D

Dive safe,

My thanks for your thanks.

What's you pleasure? Deep? Wreck? Reef? or drift? And just how DIR are you?

Bren! You're here! You made it! Welcome, welcome, a ribbeting welcome indeed. TimIng is here - shall we do a YD takeover? Remember to bow every time you respond to my posts now!!

Bren

What's the diving (and the rest of it) like in Mozambique?

Mark

Hey Mark,

We only did Ponto De Oro, but it was superb diving mate. Very similar in some repsects to Sodwana Bay just further down the coast in SA. Whale sharks, big rays and an obscene amount of fish! Recommended squire. Accommodation was not 5 star, but like you go on tour to see the inside of hotel rooms, right? Good beer, good social crack in the evenings. Just make sure you don't wander too far off the beaten track as you just may stand on a 'Bouncy Betty', and that would really ruin your day. :wink:

Where in Notts are you? I used to live in Sherwood.

Back
Top Bottom