Hi There!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skiuseme19

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just thought I would introduce myself on my first post. My name is Adam, Im from Onalaska, WI and I have just gone through my class protion of my NAUI cert Class. I have done 2 dives down in Cancun while on my honeymoon without being certified and, I will never bee that dumb again. :D I was hooked from that day and i finally had the time and money to go and get my cert. Anyhoo enough with me I have a few questions.

I am very compulsive when it come to buying new things. I want to do this right and buy good equipment that will not hinder me when I advance through the education ranks. My LDS carries some good product from what I have been reading and I would like to run through a few things with you guys before I start buying items.

1. I dont understand the difference between a Jacket BC and a BP/W BC? I have been sugested to get the Seaquest Pro QD. It fits very well and is comfortable.

2. The reg that they have sugested is the Titan LX. I have read a few reviews on it and people seem to like it. They also offer the Legend but, they have sugested for right now that the titan is a great reg.

3. I am torn between the offers that Free offers that Sea-Quest have right now. With the purchase of the Titan reg you get a free Octo. (Until July 31) They also offer a "Air Supply" with a mouth piece on it, free With a purchase of the Pro QD. I like the idea of the Air supply but, in an emergency is my dive buddy going to remember that it has a mouth piece. I would like to hear your opinions on the two.

4. The computer that they have sugested is the Aeris XR2 with a compass. I like it but, I am a person that like toys. So I have decided on the Aeris AI. It is in my budget and it is air intergrated. I also like the ability to take some good sample rates. What is your opions on it?

I guess for now thats enough questions. I goal is to be able to do wreck diving and also cave Diving.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Adam

Can a Moderator please move this thread. I was a knucklehead and put it in the wrong forum.

Thanks
Adam

Back
Top Bottom