Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orch1ds

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all!

Well I just got back from a trip to Turks and Caicos and did my first 2 ocean dives. It was great and now I'm eager to get certified. I'm in Los Angeles, California. Any suggestions on where to buy gear, which gear and good certification schools?

Thanks!

Welcome to SB. Los Angeles is a BIG place. Where are you located? There are lots of good dive shops throughout the region.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

DrBill

I'm in Miracle Mile. I suppose that's close to Hollywood and Beverly Hills...

Hey welcome to SB orch1ds! May I be so bold as to point you to MaxBottomtime? He has dived LA forever and will definitely steer you in the right direction. You could send him a private message at http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=20234
He'll probably be diving somewhere but he checks the board quite often. He also enjoys meeting new divers and getting them into the sport.

Good luck,

John

drbill:
Los Angeles is a BIG place. Where are you located? There are lots of good dive shops throughout the region.
Woohoo! Dive-shop/shopping/hopping! (OK, so I'm in FL, that wouldn't be me, I'm dreamin') :D Welcome aboard, hold on tight, SB is a terriffic ride!

That's how I got hooked - a resort course while on a cruise in the Carrib. Don't be surprised if you learn in Ceritification classes that you survived a close call, perhaps...

:cowboy2: don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Back
Top Bottom