Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From DandyDon:That's how I got hooked - a resort course while on a cruise in the Carrib. Don't be surprised if you learn in Ceritification classes that you survived a close call, perhaps...

That's how I got hooked as well, BUT, Don't be surprised if what you learned in a resort
course was more comprehensive than what you'll learn in cert classes. It's all about the
instructor.

orch1ds:
Hello all!

Well I just got back from a trip to Turks and Caicos and did my first 2 ocean dives. It was great and now I'm eager to get certified. I'm in Los Angeles, California. Any suggestions on where to buy gear, which gear and good certification schools?

Thanks!

If you are in the South Bay area, I would check out Sea D Sea. The owner will be competitive and fair with his prices. I just bought some gear from him and I am very happy with the overall transaction.

Welcome to the SoCal forum by way of the Introductions and Greets forum! :happywave

From the Miracle Mile area you are pretty close to both Reefseekers in Beverly Hills and Hollywood Divers in Hollywood across from Universal Studios.

Hollywood Divers is my local dive shop and all of their staff is very nice. I have heard wonderful things about Reefseekers as well.

I have not taken classes from either of these shops and can't speak to the issue of the classes themselves, but maybe someone else could chime in with that information.

Good luck with your classes and I hope to see you out diving with us in the near future!

Christian

Back
Top Bottom