Hicky from dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwerb once bubbled...
My office always knows when I've been diving...looks like someone tried to garrotte me!

I came back from a sick day last week with a jellyfish sting across the right side of my mouth/cheek, that went over well.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

but cd, they probably didn't recognize it as such and probably just figured you were into something weird. Ah ,what transpired at the watercooler? LOL!

Well thank you all for your comments and sugestions I will try the KY and the conditioner. I'm not to sure about cuting my seasl any more then I have. Consindering the type of suit and the coast of the repair along with finding some one who can repair the suit.=-)

I had the rash/scab/hickey problem diving in BC a couple years ago. I dive cold fresh water without any problems, but seem to have problems in cold salt water....go figure. Salt water has salt crystals in it, salt water dries faster....the combination makes for a perfect abrasions.

Anyway, I was on the Nautilus Explorer and had the icky ring around the neck and Mike Lever recommended Bag Balm for after the fact. It helped alot.

Note! After the fact, when diving is done for the day. Don't get Bag Balm on your seals.

I read that a company called Apollo Bio Seals produce an interface to fit between the skin and latex seals.

They are made of a material that is actually a tough gel that will stretch, not be easily damaged and will not cause a rash on the skin. Apparently you wear them on your wrists and neck undereath the latex seals so that the latex doesn't contact the skin. Apparently that also helps to stop leaks as a result of sinews standing out from the wrists when you are working with your hands.

I've not used them but they got a good review in Diver magazine. The website is www.bluesports.co.uk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom