HID Light experiences...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kate,I've found the NiteRider Lightheads to be smaller, brighter(better light quality), focused better, more efficient and cost effective than other systems I've tried. (Which is pretty much all of them) The Lightheads can be purchased seperatly with a wet connector, so you can use them with less expensive (bulkier) power supply's from other manufacturers. I can check on the pricing for you if you like. The location they are manufactured is no more than 4 miles from my home.

NetDoc, they are truely impressive. It's a beautifully engineered piece of gear. And you'll never guess who the engineering mastermind is behind it....

The chief engineer at NiteRider was the chief engineer at Underwater Kinetics. The second top engineer was also with Underwater kinetics. The President of the company was the president at Underwater Kinetics... looks like Niterider did some nice recruiting... getting to see a pattern here?

Mario....please see if you can get some decent pricing for us. If you can, I might have to move the HID up my priority list a few notches.

--TexasMike (who's gonna need get a uhaul for his dive gear, eventually)

at the rate you're going it ought to be time for a garage sale pretty soon. Just keep me posted, always looking for a bargain. :)

already got a closet full of non-dive gear I gotta get rid off (seriously)....

Know anyone who wants a used queen size futon with wooden couch frame?

No problem, I spoke with the owner this afternoon. I'm going to stop by later this week and have lunch with him... what exactly are you interested in?

Hey Mad Mario and all,

Went to the site, and could not find prices on the HID Pro. Maybe you could get an idea of just how much. Also see if they are going to get the 18w HIDs or not. The brighter the better...

I also really like the concept of changing batteries under water... not that this would be a really practical option for me at this juncture, I just like the latitude. I notice that the specs are in FFW (Feet-Fresh Water), and I wonder if the battery change out is only recommended in fresh water as well. Ask for us when you meet the owner.

:p :p

Hey Texas Mike...

Just how deep is that Futon rated to??? Oh yeah, and is it a yoke or DIN adapter??? Just gotta know :tease:

:p

The Batteries with the Wet connector can be changed in any water medium. The trick however is the turn the power to lighthead off first. Many ppl just pull off one connector and jam in the other without turning the light off, which takes the needed gold plating off of the connectors.

I'll ask if they plan on using a higher watt bulb... the bulbs they use now are custom made. They don't buy off the shelf, the company that manufactures the bulbs (medical industry) makes it to NiteRiders specifications. They are already a higher color temp than the other HID's I've seen, but it won't hurt to ask.

Back
Top Bottom