High Tide is back!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone figured out how to get historical data from that NOAA graph? Id like to see the daily level from all of 2004.

I've poked around a bit as well, just to compare conditions on previous dives so I have a better idea what to expect on dives I'm planning. I couldn't find anything, I admitt that I didn't look for very long though...

SeaYoda:
I'm up for a Cypress run on Saturday the 22nd.

I might be up for that too (if I can find a canoe partner--Darcy?). Keep me posted.

OK guys. I may be interested in both. It's certainly chilly for a southerner like me, but the beach cam shows a flat/smooth gulf. Got wetsuit, tanks are filled, not sitting this one out. I'm packing my bags and heading to PCB for the drink!

Cams can be decieving, P'Cola surf report is still showing waist high sets and occasionally larger - but they are expecting them to drop continuously.

Water looks like mud too.

eanxgirl:
I might be up for that too (if I can find a canoe partner--Darcy?). Keep me posted.
If you can't find a scuba partner I may have a snorkler that would split the cost of a canoe.

Darcy shot me an email earlier, I think she'd be interested in a Cypress run next weekend - I'm sure she'll post whenever she can get on the computer again.

Pray to the creek-lords that they'll drop the water levels fast enough for Cypress's flow to clear everything out.

He can steer - just need to see if his schedule is clear.

Flood levels are predicted to be back in the banks on 1/20 about 7 or 8 AM. That will give us about two days to clear out Cypress. This will be a good chance to see how well it clears itself.

I think conditions will be nice - maybe not as nice as last time(1 1/2 weeks without rain), but a definate improvement from our first trip.

We probably want to figure out transportation issues though... I'll be bringing a truck, it can carry one canoe. We have to figure out who will be carrying the other 1-2 canoes - unless we get Vortex to carry them(which may mean paddling 4 miles?!).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom