History of Scubaboard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is great - I do remember the good old days also.

My profile says Feb 01 but I know I became a member before that because I posted a question before my 1st Trip to Grand Cayman and it was the end of Oct of 2000.

Becky

And I answered that question.....well made something up anyway.

Joe

jhelmuth:
It's also when things started going down-hill. This board USED to be a great place to talk serious diving. The really great and knowledgeable contributors were run off in favour of this highly comercial version. I miss SeaJay, Karl, etc. Thank God PUG stayed!

Who was Karl anyway? Was never sure if he was a sock puppet arguing with himself.

What is odd to me on this board is that you are ranked by number of posts. There are people that are designated as "senior member" due to the amount of postings even though they just joined 3 months ago.

Yeah there are folks here w/ 20 dives, that have "full stars" over 1,200 post giving advice. I do miss the days of Uncle Pug and Chickdiver

The history of Scubaboard is certainly interesting. I had forgotten how little there was in the early days as far as the number of categories for threads.

If you can find a member online with a member number of less than 1000, it is rare. I'm # 672.

DennisW:
If you can find a member online with a member number of less than 1000, it is rare. I'm # 672.

I knewI was old.....now I'm rare! I feel speicial.
My join date was actually earlier, sometime in 2000. Net Doc told me there was something strange in the system and it showed some of us rare members joining at the wrong time.

Joe

Wow 51 and rare also

Becky

socaldiver:
I came on the scene (#1119) and like it has been mentioned in prior posts, you could read every thread and respond all in a day's work.

How are you guys finding what member number you are? I thought I was around the 5,000 mark or so, but I'm not sure.

What a trip down memory lane - I also remember when you could read all the threads/responses in a day. I also remember being (at the time) the only member from Oahu and in desperate need for a dive buddy. Everyone back then was so helpful in trying to "set me up". :wink:

I rarely venture out of the Hawaii section now - but what happened to UP? Is he not posting anymore?

Back
Top Bottom