HOG D1 Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awesome, what has the max temp they have been in?

wow, that was a really bad post. I meant what is the coldest (ie max low temp) they have been down to.

At least i know they are good up to 81F too :)

I've hade no problem with my D1 COLD in 35-40F freshwater (~8 dives since the ice melted), but I'll admit I haven't been past 80 foot this spring.

water temps from the low 60's up to around 90.

Okay, I like everything I'm reading about these, but I do not have and do not expect to have my own tank and DIN valve for quite some time. So . . .

I currently hit my head against my Tusa first stage any time I look forward. I understand the DIN to yoke regulator converter adds another 1" to the valve. Does anyone have any experience to confirm or deny this?

Please assume my rig is as high on the tank as humanly possible.

I currently hit my head against my Tusa first stage any time I look forward. I understand the DIN to yoke regulator converter adds another 1" to the valve. Does anyone have any experience to confirm or deny this?

I'm assuming you're talking about a generic DIN to yoke adapter, and not replacing the DIN connector with a yoke on the regulator itself (not sure if that option exists for the D1).

In that case, yes, it's that bad. Those adapter work OK with a STA or a traditional BC, but if you dive a STA-less BP where the tank sits close to your back, you're in for a lot of head banging.

When using one (which I try very hard to avoid), I'm usually rotating the tank valve 45 degrees, and put the tank a bit lower than usual so the regulator is behind my neck rather than behind my head.

If you look hard enough, you can find some adapters that are thinner than others. I've got one that's 32.4mm /1.28" thick, and another that's 21.5mm/.85", nearly half an inch less, measured DIN side to yoke side.

And you bang your head only once or twice, then you should learn to stay away from it, 'cause it hurts!:D

If you look hard enough, you can find some adapters that are thinner than others. I've got one that's 32.4mm /1.28" thick, and another that's 21.5mm/.85", nearly half an inch less, measured DIN side to yoke side.

And you bang your head only once or twice, then you should learn to stay away from it, 'cause it hurts!:D

No, sh. . . :ignore:

Dang, this is depressing!

Okay, so say I picked up this set. Would anyone want to recommend a good yoke 1st stage to buy used? Or should I start a new thread?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom