HOG D1 Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you're a www like me, Scubapro is your friend; MK10 and MK20 are great regs, and they're cheap and plentiful.

Dang, this is depressing!

Okay, so say I picked up this set. Would anyone want to recommend a good yoke 1st stage to buy used? Or should I start a new thread?

The recreational cousin to the HOG D1 is the Edge Epic

1075-2.jpg

Get 'em while they're hot.

How about the new HOG Balanced Piston reg? I just got mine from Dive Right In Scuba. Gorgeous regulator. Reminds me of a Cylon in Battlestar Galactica...

I'll be diving it side by side with Scubapro regs on independant doubles in Bonaire over July 4--Scubapro Mk20 + G250 on one tank, HOG BP1 + D1 Second on other tank. Very curious to see how they compare.

Bob

How about the new HOG Balanced Piston reg? I just got mine from Dive Right In Scuba. Gorgeous regulator. Reminds me of a Cylon in Battlestar Galactica...

I'll be diving it side by side with Scubapro regs on independant doubles in Bonaire over July 4--Scubapro Mk20 + G250 on one tank, HOG BP1 + D1 Second on other tank. Very curious to see how they compare.

Bob

Cool! :thumb: I'll be looking forward to your dive report!

had mine down to 135' and 44degree temps, love it. I use a apex xt50 for back up and prefer the hog. just my preference.

Thanks; I really want to get the HOG D1. I just prefer to run a yoke first stage until I get my own tanks.

Maybe I'm missing something here but iirc the Edge have a yoke first stage. The HOGs do have a DIN first stage.

FYI - The "Dive Right In Scuba" folks will sell the service parts via Internet, so your LDS can service them (assuming you don't have an HOG dealer available).

@DtH You're correct . . . I want both for the next few years. :wink:

I have (3) HOG D1-Colds and (4) HOG 2nd stages which are on my singles and doubles rigs, but I also have an Edge Epic 1st stage (Yoke) that I got for a trip this past March where diving DIN tanks was not a possibility.

If I were you, I would contact "cerich" @ Edge-HOG to see about possibly matching to a Yoke 1st stage.

-Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom