Hollis DG05 low price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a DG05 and I am selling it once it gets back from Hollis. Things I didn't like about it...

1. WAY conservative, yes you can adjust the VGM algorithm but you have to pay to unlock it and even then you are a new diver and messing around with a decompression curve is something you should not be doing yet.
2. Temperature graph is impossible to read on the log
3. Gas switches (not something you'll be doing yet) are a pain compared to a liquivison or a shearwater
4. Battery charging indicator was never accurate
5. Charger breaks easily, I charged mine though the download link
6. On multi day dives to the end it becomes WAY liberal. I planned every dive, including all rec dives, on V-planner and used that as my primary information source and used my BT with the DG05 as a backup because it was so liberal.
7. No gauge mode
8. NDL/Deco stop numbers are really small. Not a problem for my 19 year old eyes but impossible for my stepdad to read, even with reading lenses in his mask. On his petrel however he does not need the inserts in his mask.
9. The AI transmitters cost an extra 300ish per.. If you want one transmitter plus computer you are looking at 800
10. Mine bricked on me after a month of using it. It is being sent to Hollis for a repair
11. The download cable to download your dives is 200 extra
12. Dive plan mode is a pain and cumbersome compared to Liquivison and Shearwater.
13. There's a reason Hollis is using Shearwater's on the Prism rebreather
14. Uses a non replaceable-rechargeable battery. Liquivison and Shearwater both have replaceable batteries.
15. Buttons can be a pain to find when wearing a drysuit (not an issue for you)

Now not to just bash on the computer there were a few good points
1. Screen is very hard to scratch
2. Casing is solid
3. Depth and time are all easy to read
4. OLED screen easy to read, I read mine fine in high light conditions.

PM me if you are interested in buying mine, It is still out with Hollis and will be there for a couple weeks however has VGM and CCR unlocked plus two transmitters, the download link and a 6in HP hose and will come back with a 1 year warranty. I however would recommend a Shearwater Petrel or a Liquivison Kaon IF you are ready to drop that kind of money on a computer. That if is a huge one, thats a lot of money that could be spent to do something else.

Hollis dg03 sucks. I have one and I really don't trust the computer, my diving buddies all have predator or petrel and I know what is wrong with dg03

- It makes noise like an ambulance
- not user friendly
- doesn't show the PO2 your at
- doesn't show %cns
- with transmitter always lost link
- last week I made a perfect diving in my deep dive course and when I synced in my PC it shows a crazy dive with 16hours of deco...

If you consider to buy a Dg03 please don't, I'll sale you mine for 300$ with transmitter, cable and box

zunevy5e.jpg

7ytu3eve.jpg

ArMnKnows - ArMnKnows@live.com

HI ArMnKnows,
I'm about to buy a 03, my question to you: Does your computer have the lates firmware?

Back
Top Bottom