Hollis LED 25 issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent mine back about a week and a half ago via Scuba Toys for the same issue. It had been working great, then was using it on a dive with a friend showing it to him and it flickered and died. Wouldn't come back on, even after being out of the water for a week and completely recharged, it would only come on to a very dim light that wouldn't hurt your eye if you put it right up to it.

So here we are in the new year. And still waiting on my LED 25 from hollis. I sent it in early November 2014 and we are now in early January 2015. Yes I tried contacting via email. Nada

I was cave diving for the last 7 days of 2014. My LED25 worked for all 7 of the dives and did not flood until the last one. I did the entire 2-1/2 hour dive with water in the light head again. This time it managed to migrate up the cord and short out the switch so that it would not turn off completely. Another round of taking the damn thing apart and drying everything out again to get it working. It works great but having a light head that will not keep the lens retaining ring secure is becoming a real PITA. I know that one issue like this in salt water will fry the electronics and I will be SOL. It just seems strange to me that companies like Light Monkey and UnderWaterLightDude never seem to have these kinds of posts about their lights.

Hmmm yes indeed. Still don't have my light back. And I think they want to charge me for service on the light that is still under warranty I think. If not under warranty, it Sucks that it stopped working with no visible damage and the number of people here who are having problems. But just that no communication for months and still wanna charge me for service. In California I can dive yr round and 80% of my dives are at night. Using a hollis Led 5 back up light cuz my led 25 is still not back yet ugh!!÷

Hmmmm...I am in the market for a dive light. I think I will look at Light Monkey or Dive Rites lights. Right now the little home made can light that Andrew makes and sells here on SB works awesome for night diving.

ok so the latest update. Well i got a email while on vacation in montana from Hollis about my light. I got it back the other day and all is well again. I appreciate the customer service. and the results of the service that i went out to my LDS which is a Hollis dealer and prisim rebreather diver that i bought Hollis O2 deco bottle regs. I was planning on a different brand but i feel comfy with Hollis and the service so that was my thank you. ugh pricey regs though lol.

How did they handle the lack of communication and delay in returning the light to you?

waking up an old post. It seems that the bezel in the light head will unexpectedly come loose. There is a tool that can be used to screw it back down tight again. I have no clue what that tool is, but it's my recommendation that such tool be sent with light. My light head flooded 2 min into my dive last month. The light head is dead, AGAIN. UGH!!! FYI you can buy a new LED25w Hollis for around $849.00 or a LED25w Light head only for $549.00 THe sweet spot between buy a whole new light or just the head and ask for the tool to tighten the bezel. Or Light Monkey and call it a day and enjoy worry free night dives.

Anyone have any their 2 cents to add.

---------- Post added August 4th, 2015 at 09:08 PM ----------

I noticed the same problem with my light too. unfortunately i dive salt water and my light head is toast.

Back
Top Bottom