Hollis LED 25 issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that if you can't count on the reliability of the equipment, then you should migrate toward a different model or brand. Up here in the Monterey Bay, I don't think I have seen a single diver with a Hollis light. Nearly everyone dives with a Light Monkey, Halcyon or an occasional Underwater Light Dude.

Your light is your voice underwater. I consider it an integral part of my dive equipment, which I carry on every dive. I don't want to worry about its operation. I haven't seen the Halcyon Focus underwater, but I was quite impressed by its output, topside. Personally, I use a LM HID 20 -35. I can set it to have a lightsaber focus of a very even wide focus, which wont blur my Go Pro. If you want compact with super high output, then the Underwater Light-Dude lights are hard to beat (definitely not as focused as an HID).

O.

Ouvea, I can't agree with you more. Yes the light communication underwater is a very important voice. I'm ok, i need assistance, I'm over here, look at this, and go this direction. I do a lot of night diving and scooter dives. I carry two backups but they are just that, backups to finish a dive. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and grab a top band. Down here in So cal there are only 2 of us that use Hollis lights and we both have been having the same problems. my guess is there will be a few less by yrs end. I need a reliable, long lasting quality light that has great customer service and proven design.

The Hollis LED25 served me well for 2 yrs and lots of dives. The failure point of the lens bezel loosening on its own is not exceptable. Other then that, i was content with the light output and battery life. oh well no night dives till i can drop some big bucks on my next Can light.

Well I made my choice and got a new can light. Big bucks for the lights ouch. But Base on recommendations here and from other friends, I went with a well known brand. I just got it in the mail today and it looks awesome. I think i got my monies worth. No it's not a blue H, the other company. 26W 15amp LED. this should definately meet my diving needs or the yrs.

I really wish that I was not so impressed with the 8 hour burn time. Maybe I never would have bought this POS light and would now be diving with a reliable light instead.

I just spent over 30 days waiting for my LED25 to get sealed up again. This thing has flooded 6 times since they put the new head on it. Maybe I need to reach out to Bobby and get a real repair. Hollis was very forthright and fair with the first repair, but since they are now changing to anther manufacturer (source or whatever) they have nothing in house to work with and told me my only other option was to buy a new light head. Hollis has lost any and all future revenue from me just by their customer service and communication this time around.

I am not very inclined to throw more good money into an obviously crap product. this can be verified by other users and that the $1200 light is listed for $850 by everyone to get rid of stock before they are stuck with it.

Anyone want to buy a LED25 with a yellow center spot for a cheap price? The battery pack is still has a great burn time.

Well I made my choice and got a new can light. Big bucks for the lights ouch. But Base on recommendations here and from other friends, I went with a well known brand. I just got it in the mail today and it looks awesome. I think i got my monies worth. No it's not a blue H, the other company. 26W 15amp LED. this should definately meet my diving needs or the yrs.

Wow, new light check you out. I just can't keep up with the Jones'. I am just happy mine has not flooded in the last few months. But then again I am only diving every other week lately, instead of the 2-3 times a week.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2015 at 05:49 PM ----------

I really wish that I was not so impressed with the 8 hour burn time.

That's what I really like about it as well.

Wow Dsix don't hold back bro lol. I feel your pain. I'm done with it too.sorry to say but like Ouvea said, it's how we communicate underwater. The light i just bought has a proven track record with Tech divers in both the HID and LED lights. Let me know if you get agood deal on your light lol.

Ive defended Hollis lights on here for way to long. Im done.

Problem after problem (15 and 25).

I just had the head flood on my 25 and after 2 weeks to even get any response for an RMA - I sent it in. They are good at "replying" to my requests for info since then - but after weeks of having the light they never proactively reach out to me with an update.

At the end of the day - they tell me that they wont have parts to fix my flooded light for several months and my only option was to PURCHASE a new head at a reduced cost. I did since I need something fast.

Im shopping for a new light and the Hollis will become a new boat spare.....until it floods....again.

Probably go with Underwater light dude.

I wonder if manufacturers realize how much residual business they lose over these reoccuring failures and poor service? I have guys on my boat that are now steering clear of anytihng Hollis - including a couple that like their regs and other items.

Failures happen. Fix them and put a plan so it doesnt happen again. Then - when they do happen - RESPOND with a fast and fair resolution. Simple.

Having the SAME failure over and over then dealing with it poorly is a recipe to burn through your already small demographic.

If your led25 is under warranty, it only makes sense for Hollis to replace the light if parts for old light are not available for repair.

but I agree with ouvea, a dependable light or gears in general is very important, especially for people who spend this kind of money on a light, most likely they are doing more than a tec dive. This level of dependability is not acceptable

I just got off the phone with David. He verified that they do not have the parts to replace my flooded head, but he is going to manufacture a new lid and use in house stock for the head. It sounds like I could have a replacement in short order. I will know more when he calls back towards the middle of the week with more information.

Keep us posted. I still have a dead Hollis 25w. I'll eventually get the head replaced. Right I'm happy withyou new LM 26.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom