Hollis LED 25 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THE NEW HOLLIS 25 watt is all aluminium now, not delrin, and looks and performs even better, new heatsink included

View attachment 141957

Is this accurate? The Hollis site specifies a 'Delrin canister body with aluminum head'. The DGX site specifies the 25w LED as having a 'New Delrin canister body and new Delrin head'. Uhm...ok. Any idea which it is?

Is this accurate? The Hollis site specifies a 'Delrin canister body with aluminum head'. The DGX site specifies the 25w LED as having a 'New Delrin canister body and new Delrin head'. Uhm...ok. Any idea which it is?

Im not home where my light is - or I would look for you. I remember specifically that the head is definitely Aluminum. I am not sure about the canister body - I dont remember looking.

I would like to believe that the Hollis site is accurate.

I will say - I love the light. Its still cold and I have only had the chance to get it wet about 5 times so far - but, I love its performance.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for posting. New LED25 units are expected to hit stores by end of November. Delays have been caused by the introduction of several updates including a new LED, driver and reflector. Also included in the new design is an aluminum housing to help dissipate heat more effectively. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Nick, are the lights still back ordered? I have had one on order for a couple of months and still have not received it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nick, are the lights still back ordered? I have had one on order for a couple of months and still have not received it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Greg, feel free to contact me directly at 888-383-DIVE. It has been months since we started shipping the new version, I would like to help assist in getting yours to you.

Hi Greg, feel free to contact me directly at 888-383-DIVE. It has been months since we started shipping the new version, I would like to help assist in getting yours to you.

Just left you a voicemail with my phone number on it. If you could give me a call back, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just buying my first canister light; how do I know if I am getting a New design or an old design?

"Old" thread, but most people here seem to think this torch is worth the money. I'm looking at canister lights right now, and the Hollis might be worth checking out. I got to see one in action last sunday, and it impressed me.

Dark Abyss, I just picked one up a couple weeks ago and love it. It is very similar to a LM 21W. The battery burn time, spot and amount of spill is perfect for my needs. The new model has a aluminum head with a delrin can. The only complaint I can come up with is I can't take the battery out, however, with the insane burn time there is little need to.

Thank you for the info. When I saw it in action, my immediate thought was of a 21w HID torch. Bright, with a nice hotspot. This is one serious contender, fulfilling all my needs.

Back
Top Bottom