Hollis Regulators - Specs - Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I screw up a reg, I can do harm to myself or at most my buddy and myself.

Chevy and Ford get sued 1000 times a day.

The reality is that your family, and the family of your buddy, will sue the regulator manufacturer (and the LDS retailer) for negligence for selling you parts knowing that you are not trained to service regulators.

Chevy and Ford get sued 1000 times a day.

The reality is that your family, and the family of your buddy, will sue the regulator manufacturer (and the LDS retailer) for negligence for selling you parts knowing that you are not trained to service regulators.

Give me one example of any company, scuba or otherwise, being sued for selling parts to anyone.

Mr. Hollis: ALL you have to do,to protect yourself from liability, is have a parts purchaser sign a liability waiver at purchase. If you deal with us in this fashion you would outsell every other manufacturer. Or, give an incentive for service by your authorized dealers. Try it, you might like it.

Herman & Coldstroke,

I feel your pain on getting parts, overhaul kits, etc.. I can't even get them unless 1) I'm certified to work on a particular regulator and 2) I work for an authorized dealer. This leads into the second part, and I'm sure I'll catch $h1t or this remark. Regulators are considered life support gear and are help to a strict standard by law for the manufacturer, retailer and service technician. The crummy part is that it is a question of liability if something should go wrong with the reg and the outcome is bad. Hope this helps.

Herman & Coldstroke,

I feel your pain on getting parts, overhaul kits, etc.. I can't even get them unless 1) I'm certified to work on a particular regulator and 2) I work for an authorized dealer. This leads into the second part, and I'm sure I'll catch $h1t or this remark. Regulators are considered life support gear and are help to a strict standard by law for the manufacturer, retailer and service technician. The crummy part is that it is a question of liability if something should go wrong with the reg and the outcome is bad. Hope this helps.

Can you tell me which law they are being held so strictly to? Has anyone told the companies that are selling parts, they are breaking the law?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom