Honeymoon trip to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sancho1702

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My fiance and I are planning on taking a dive trip to Cozumel, Mexico late september 2011. i would like recommendations on booking flight+hotel packages and dive shops. i have used Scuba Mao before and was very pleased with their services. Also, is this a good time to dive or not? We have only done a shore dive there but it was still beautiful. going to do a couple boat dives this time. we will be there for 7 nights so if anyone has additional tips on fun stuff to do there it will be more than welcome. thanks to all my fellow divers who through a network of people make it possible to share their experiences and offer advice. happy diving.

for flight and hotel package i use expedia.com, they always have best price...
i have dove with dive paradise at the allegro resort, sanddollar sports at the wyndham cozumel, and dive paradise at the hotel cozumel, i was very satisfied with all 3...
the allegro and the wyndham cozumel resorts are much closer to best dive sites, hotel cozumel is close to town, longer boat ride,not a big deal if you like ridding on boats!!!

Should you decide to take a break from diving, I would suggest that you hop the ferry over to Playa del Carmen. Go to 5th street in the evening. This is a wonderful place to walk, enjoy shopping and some really great food. It is a little different from Cozumel....more of a town. It is a little slower pace and the ferry is $44.00 roundtrip for two.

My fiance and I are planning on taking a dive trip to Cozumel, Mexico late september 2011. i would like recommendations on booking flight+hotel packages and dive shops. i have used Scuba Mao before and was very pleased with their services.
For booking air and hotel packages, this may help altho the 2011 code has not be announced yet: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...tz-200-package-discount.html?highlight=orbitz

Or this one deals directly with Cozumel: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/339528-how-do-you-shop-air-hotel-package-discounts.html
Also, is this a good time to dive or not?
There is a small chance of tropical storms in the area. Not common, but hurricane Alex just passed south of there last week, and I once evacuated in advance of Dean on a trip I should have canceled before I left(shared a cab with honeymooners), but what's amazing is how many fly in without checking forecasts.
We have only done a shore dive there but it was still beautiful. going to do a couple boat dives this time. we will be there for 7 nights so if anyone has additional tips on fun stuff to do there it will be more than welcome. thanks to all my fellow divers who through a network of people make it possible to share their experiences and offer advice. happy diving.
Oh I go every year in August for my birthday, storm season being a small risk, but I'd plan on a week of diving mostly. If you're interested in Mayan ruins, skip the ones on Coz and let me know so I can suggest mainland ideas.

Would you like this thread moved to the Coz forum where it will work better?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom