Honeymooning in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you could stay at the Amankila (really not cheap though), or at the Allila Manggis for something more 'reasonable".
Yup - I vote for Allila Manggis too (my favourite hotel in Bali) in the Manggis/ Candidasa area in the East. It's so relaxing, and great food.

And in the North near Menjangan you can stay Mimpi in one of the rooms with private hot spring. What better thing to do on a honeymoon than bathing naked with your wife?

yup, but if you choose Patio room of Mimpi menjangan
I think Patio room is the lowest class there, but the one with the private hot-spring tub is Courtyard Villa. Anyway, whichever you room you stay Mimpi Menjangan is a nice resort I think, in a peaceful location, and really convenient for diving (you can take the boat right from the resort itself).

When i am in Bali with my wife and kids, I will stay in Villa Kunja, Semiyak. Nice and private with your own pool. I use BIDP divers when i am in the south as their boats leave from Sanur.

When i am up north, i also use a South based company but their boats depart from Padangbai. In Candidasa, there are some nice villas and resorts. For a honeymoon, i can recommend Villa Sasson or Puri Bagus resort in Candidasa from personal experience.

Please note, for the Villas, they do not have a restaurant, they can do take away so you have to sort your own food or travel/walk for meals. For Puri Bagus in Candidasa, they are at a quiet location, so its a long walk or resort food and resort prices, but they do make an effort to make the food interesting to be fair to them.

Cool ideas guys. I honestly am not concerned about going out to get my own meals at the villas, part of the experience!

I think that some traveling is in order, but not so much that it seems like "work". This is just a thought so bear with me. 1. Get over jetlag in Seminyak. Then in no particular order: Visit Ubud for 2 days or so of "culture days" and hiking, 3 days of East Coast Diving (sanur and/or Tulamben), 3-4 days of Nusa Lembongan, and a 1-2 day trip to the Gili Islands.

How are accommodations at Nusa Lembongan and the Gili Islands? Any dive shops you guys recommend? I just picked up the Bali/Lombok Lonely Planet guide to look over.

How are accommodations at Nusa Lembongan ... Any dive shops you guys recommend?
Let's start with the dive shops : i'd say TwoFish and World Diving as well, based 50m from each other. I dived with both can't say anything bad about them, would prefer TwoFish if I was to be tortured for picking up only one.

Accoms are plenty, what's your price range?
from Basic to more sophisticated : I liked the garden bungalows at Pondok Baruna or Two Fish but TigerLilly nearby looked really honeymoonish, a bit further south on Bukit, Playgrounds and Lembongan beach villas looked very good as well, finally Indiana Kenanga villas would simply be fantastic if you can afford 170$ per night.

OK now for the hard questions. If we plan to go from July 20-Aug 3, how early should we book flights and villas/hotels? When my buddies went, they flew through cathay air and had a pretty awesome layover in Hong Kong.

In my opinion Nusa Lembongan is better than Gili in terms of diving, good accomodation is found on both locations. At Gili islands you get the party beach feeling, if you like this.
You don't have to worry about the domestic flights before June, but for some accomodation and diving center it is better to book before. In Lembongan I recommend World diving.

Hey, anyone have a good website for booking villas in Bali? I am also wondering about booking the flights on my own or through a travel agent...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom