Honeymooning in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out mrandmrssmith.com, have nice villa type accommodation, not on cheap side but quality. Often have deals on site. Easy to book own flights. Cheaper than through an agent usually. Air Asia flies to Bali from quite a few destinations.

Check out mrandmrssmith.com for villas. Not cheap but quality. Sometimes have deals. Air Asia has various Bali routes, cheap and easy to book by self. Cheaper than via agent

After some talk with the fiancee, it looks like we will do all our diving in Nusa Lembongan and Gili Trawangan. Then we will go to the "mainland" for the rest of the trip.

I have a Lonely Planet travel guide for Bali and Lombok.
1. I am looking at the boat shuttles from Sanur to Nusa Lembongan.
Sanur to Nusa Lembongan:

a. Sanur public boat (cramped, 45,000 rp, 2 hour ride, 7:45am departure from Sanur)
b. Public speed boat (175,000 rp, 1 hour, 4pm departure from Sanur)
c. Perama tourist boat (100,000 rp, 2 hours, 10:15am departure)
d. Charter some random dudes boat for 150,000 rp

2. Getting from Nusa Lembongan to Gili Trawangan.
Lonely Planet said there was a "shuttle" boat that does this but I have not found it.
Any tips? Charter another random dude's boat?

Re- Sanur to Lembongan boats, on your honeymoon don't be a cheapskate and take the most convenient option with a Scoot Cruise or Rocky fast boat to Lembongan. It will cost you 500.000IDR return trip, but at least you will be picked up at your hotel or even at the airport anywhere in Kuta, Sanur areas and brought to your hotel in Lembongan. Departure at 9AM, and 1PM I think, check out on scootcruise website.
They are also offering transfers to the Gilis .

Re- Sanur to Lembongan boats, on your honeymoon don't be a cheapskate and take the most convenient option with a Scoot Cruise or Rocky fast boat to Lembongan. It will cost you 500.000IDR return trip, but at least you will be picked up at your hotel or even at the airport anywhere in Kuta, Sanur areas and brought to your hotel in Lembongan. Departure at 9AM, and 1PM I think, check out on scootcruise website.
They are also offering transfers to the Gilis .

Luko, you are spot on! I actually found Scoot Cruise a little bit after posting this. They do offer an "island hopping" option which will work great for us. As far as accommodations go, I think we will stay at the dive resorts affiliated with the dive shops on each of the islands.

Just wanted to post a writeup of the honeymoon to give this thread some closure.

1. Diving in Nusa Lembongan.
We dove with World Diving and stayed at their newest luxury bungalows, Pondok Frangipani. Those bungalows exceeded my expectations! Very modern and luxurious! The diving was great. 2 dives per trip, with a little banana wrapped lunch snack during surface intervals. Highlights include mola molas and manta rays. Pure luck with the mola molas!

2. Diving in Gili Trawangan
We dove with Big Bubble Dive Center and stayed at their air conditioned bungalows. On the outside it looked alright, it was very simple inside. A bed, some shelving, and a spartan bathroom. Since the island is all eco-friendly, the water is pumped into a water tower overnight and gravity drained to the bathrooms for use. It kinda smelled and was cold in the morning (heated up later on!) I had no problem with this, but the wife wanted more luxurious accommodations next time. Diving was first class. We did two single trip dives per day. Our dive guides were very friendly and helpful. After each dive, we would sit together and go over the dive and go through the fish/creature ID book to determine what we all saw that dive. We also did a night dive after taking the course. Very fun!

3. Getting around
Getting around Nusa Lembongan required the rental of a scooter. I ride motorcycles, so it was a piece of cake. For $6/day, it was nothing. There are no motor vehicles in Gili Trawangan, so we used a horse cart to lug our stuff from the Scoot Cruise dropoff point on the beach to the dive center. During our stay, we just walked around. Getting around the islands and back to Bali, we took the Scoot Cruise. It wasn’t the cheapest option, but it was somewhat punctual and safe. The trip to the Gili’s was rather long via boat, and the waves were really rough during our trip. Sitting at the front of the boat is not fun! If you are only there to dive in the Gili’s, flying to Lombok via a local airline (like Garuda) may be easier.

4. The rest
Food was inexpensive and amazing. We had a great experience at the restaurants for a fraction of what we would pay at home, and LOVED the street food at the market in the evenings. You will grow to love Bintang, since it is the same price as a fruit juice. Alcohol and foreign beers are relatively expensive due to the high import tax. We also spent a fun week traveling around Bali with an Indonesian friend. Ubud, Seminyak, Kuta and Uluwatu were amazing places to visit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom