Horizon Divers - Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basheirt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Planning to dive with Horizon Divers in Key Largo in August. Curious to know if anyone has experience with this company. They were recommended to me by my LDS. I have reserved spots for me and my son for 4 days of diving. The woman on the phone was VERY nice, VERY patient, and was able to answer all of my questions. I'm sure anyone that has dived in KL will have their own recommendation for any of a dozen (or more) shops. I'm particularly interested to know about Horizon. Thanks much.

They are awesome folks to dive with! You should have a lot of fun!

+1 on Horizon Divers. I've known them since 2006 and consider them friends, very professional and always fun.

Yes there are about 30 other dive ops in the Upper Keys and I've dove with most of them at some point in the past 7 years, but I spend more time with a handful of favorites and Horizon Divers is one of those.

They run a big pontoon cattle boat, but I had a great time diving with them last month. One unique aspect that is great about Horizon, is that they will let you hang your gear overnight in a storage shed - great for multiple dive days (or staying in a tiny room with no place to hang gear). They also have a nice shop and actually schedule night dives.

I'll be there taking the Explorer Rebreather course from The heads of RB training at Hollis and PADI in a week.They seem nice and PADI decided to got with them for the location of instructor training, I believe the owner will be in the RB course with us. I'll take some pics and post up a review.

I dove with them for a week last year after a business trip that landed me in Miami. I was down there by myself and couldn't have asked for better treatment. Dan and Mollie have really pulled together very professional but fun/friendly staff.

I picked up the lust for rust while I was down there but most of the other divers seemed to want to see pretty fish on the reefs. Regardless, HD always made sure I had a buddy on the my boat of choice. Even if it meant getting to tag along on some class dives with the Dan (what up free education! :D)

I also like their drying room. Much better than schlepping wet gear back to the hotel or putting on wet gear in the morning. They'll also ship your gear back home for you after they rinse and dry it. They just charge the shipping which can be cheaper than the overweight/extra bag fees.

I'm sure there are a lot of great shops down in the area but this is one I would feel comfortable recommend to family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom