Horrible Service - Seafari Princess Haleema and Seafari Explorer Sinking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JHC

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I booked a 1 week trip on the Seafari Princess Haleema in the Maldives in early January.

We booked the best room on the boat months in advance on Dive Booker. When we were checked in at the airport by one of the french divemasters he made the comment we had the best room on the boat, 20 minutes later he said he made a mistake and we actually have a room below deck. We questioned him about this and showed receipts for which he blamed some back room office lady for misbooking us. When chatting with him and other guests he made a passing comment that one of Seafari's boats had sank.

When we got to the boat we talked to one of Seafari's managers, he said he would look into it and we never heard from him ever after that. We also talked to the Cruise Director, she promptly blamed our travel agent Dive Booker but she said she would look into. The next 2 days she had excuses that she couldn't get in contact with her office and continued to blame Dive Booker. I gave up asking as i didn't want to ruin our vacation. On the last day my wife paid our bill and asked the cruise director if she had more info and she continued to blame Dive Booker.

On the first day we found out from chatting with other guests that the Seafari Explorer had hit a reef the previous week and SANK. Yes SANK as in the bottom of the ocean. All the passengers from that boat came onto our boat (Princess Haleema) and had taken all the choice rooms which is why we were relegated to below deck rooms.

Basically the Dive Director, dive master and Manager basically lied to us by trying to blame office staff and dive booker for us not getting our room. The Dive Director lied to my face on 3 separate days when we questioned her about this situation including on the final day of departure. I was just enraged as I knew the truth the Seafari Explorer sank and their passenger came onto our boat.

It would seem Seafari would rather lie to you, blame others for their mistake rather than tell the truth and apologize.

The Princess Haleema itself has seen better days.

1) The last cabin below decks on the starboard side fills with Diesel Fumes when the air conditioner is used. The male guest had some carbon monoxide issues when he was sleeping. he had to turn off the ac for the remainder of the trip

2) The First cabin below decks on the starboard side had an infestation of flying termites

3) This one is a minor gripe. The hot tub was completely non functional the entire trip.

At home when I contacted head office and complained about this situation the Manager just apologized for the "mistake". I had to inform him i knew the truth that the Seafari Explorer sank, he gave some excuses of operational stress for his staff not handling the situation well.

Seafari cannot be trusted to tell the truth and own up to their mistakes. Telling the truth and apologizing is apparently operational stress.

To be clear Dive Booker did their job and booked us in the right room.

Thanks. I’ll take that one off our list.

Thanks for the review. How a company handles themselves when the sh*t hits the fan is very telling. I encourage you to write a review on undercurrent as well.

Horrible experience for you , will remember this and will cross it off our list when we revisit the Maldives. It was stupid of them to do this ,they have now made a customer very unhappy....not a clever move in the internet era as you are demonstrating.

Thanks for sharing.

Best fishes x

I would be looking for at least a partial refund.

I forgot one more thing. The air in the tank smelled heavily of plastic which concerned me. Nobody onboard seemed to be worried though.

To be fair, all the rooms on the boat are the same price. But you can book the rooms above deck individually because they are of better quality ( bigger room, wrap around Windows so you don't feel like you are in prison). The rooms below deck are smaller and have 2 tiny port holes.

In the end you don't spend much time in the room anyway so it wasn't a huge deal. But I was so pissed for being taken as stupid and lied to the entire time.

After several emails to a head office manager we did get a partial refund.

If on the first day they explained the situation, apologized and maybe given us a bottle of wine or free beers we would probably would have been disappointed but would have accepted the situation. For 100% sure I wouldn't have been enraged for half the trip and even today as I think about it. I have up after 2.5 days because it was ruining the trip.

Sorry to hear of your experience.

Does Dive Booker is still representing the Princess Haleema. Its website says, "Princess Haleema is a good choice if you are looking for the modern liveaboard with a sense of a traditional atmosphere."

Did you communicate the details of your memorable holiday to Dive Booker? Does Dive Booker do any QC of the boats that they represent?

You might ask @Divebooker.com. They are members here. What a great opportunity to have them save face and respond!!!!

Reactions: Jay
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom