Horrible Service - Seafari Princess Haleema and Seafari Explorer Sinking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Princess Haleema itself has seen better days.

1) The last cabin below decks on the starboard side fills with Diesel Fumes when the air conditioner is used. The male guest had some carbon monoxide issues when he was sleeping. he had to turn off the ac for the remainder of the trip

2) The First cabin below decks on the starboard side had an infestation of flying termites

3) This one is a minor gripe. The hot tub was completely non functional the entire trip.

To be clear Dive Booker did their job and booked us in the right room.
I cannot reconcile your description of the boat with Dive Bookers assertion, "Princess Haleema is a good choice if you are looking for the modern liveaboard with a sense of a traditional atmosphere." In my universe, any boat with carbon monoxide issues should not be described as a "good choice".

What happened to the guests and crew on the Seafari Explorer when it sank?

From time to time, I hear a whisper or two about a boat. I was interested to find a boat represented by Dive Booker that I had heard about from someone that had, unfortunately, been on it earlier this year. I suspect that Dive Booker does not listen to feedback from customers and neither does it appear to do much QC. Caveat emptor

According to Dive Booker:
"Boat Interior
Maldives Princess has 11 cabins that can welcome 22 divers. Two of cabins are suites, they are larger than other staterooms and has a big window with the view of the crystal blue waters of Indian Ocean. 9 cabins are standards, it’s a comfortable way to discover Maldives.
A comfortable large salon that combined to the dining area is perfect to relax in between dives or in the evening. Lounge zone of Maldives Princess has a bar and the coziest couches that can be. Though the big salon portholes passengers can observe Maldives scenery. Plus, there are some sun loungers on the main deck and on the sun deck of the boat. It is ideal to enjoy ocean sunsets. Also, Maldives Princess guests can use jacuzzi placed on the top deck."

There are two reviews of the boat on the Dive Booker website. These are quoted below:

"d bobby
2017-11-06
great crew and diving, but....
I have to say that that was some of the best diving I've done. The sites picked by the crew were phenomenal, the staff was exceptional, and the food was very good. My problem was the condition of the boat. My air conditioning in my room was almost non existent. The boat has not been kept up at all, there were leaks in many places. There were also bugs in some of the rooms, which prompted 2 rooms moving to other rooms. It was very evident that the upkeep was not being done. wall paper was peeling in spots, and a lot of water spots on the ceilings of the lower decks. The itinerary was awesome! lots of diving and great dive masters. all the staff were exceptional, and friendly and helpful"

"Seguin Jennifer
2017-11-02
Shocked at the boats condition! Staff is wonderful!!
The pictures barely resemble what you will see on this boat. The electrical system is in need of serious repair. The AC in the lower cabins is terrible/ if it worked at all. The bugs have also taken over in several of the rooms. If you don't have bugs, you will most certainly have mold. It is hard to believe this boat is only 5 years old. Wall paper is peeling, the furniture in the Salon is trashed. I never saw any of the decorations on the walls that are in the pictures on line. My video equipment for the TV in our room was just a jumbled mess in a cabinet. We booked when they said they had WIFI, and they didn't, but I see know that they say they don't. The bar is far from fully stocked; no wine, only 1 brand of beer. I feel sorry for the workers on the boat. They do everything they can to accommodate you but their hands are tied by the lack of maintenance that should have been done to this boat on a regular basis. The crew is fantastic, the diving and the deck hands on the dive boat where the best I have had. If you speak english only, it is difficult at times to know for sure you are understanding each other. Celina, who appeared to be the cruise director, was in my opinion "top notch" . She took us on some very exciting dives and always checked with me and she always wore her Maldive Princess shirt. Crew uniforms would have really classed this boat up!! hint hint crew. As I said, we had a great time because of the crew, but the constant power failures, lack of AC and the physical condition of the ship, the salon, the furniture in the salon the bar the lighting in the rooms if very very sad indeed."

Maldives Princess.jpg

That poor chap that I know of who was on the Maldives Princess earlier this year shared a photo that he said was taken on the Maldives Princess. That photo is attached. I think the photo is consistent with the 2 reviews on Dive Booker. I cannot reconcile the two reviews and the photo withe Dive Bookers description of the boat as being "comfortable".

There are always 2 sides to a story. Perhaps @Divebooker.com would like to share their point of view.

All I know is the Seafari Explorer hit a reef and sank the week before we got there. I don't know if any passengers were aboard when it sank.

All I know is the passengers from the Explorer came on to our boat for the week we were there which is why we were displaced from our room.

All I know is the Seafari Explorer hit a reef and sank the week before we got there. I don't know if any passengers were aboard when it sank.

All I know is the passengers from the Explorer came on to our boat for the week we were there which is why we were displaced from our room.

I've posted a question for @Divebooker.com asking for the status of the Seafari Explorer:

Maldives at 890 EUR | May 14-21 | Seafari Explorer

First, I would like to apologize for the delay, somehow I just didn't get any notifications about Divebooker being mentioned in comments.

To follow up on all points that were mentioned here, please see our comments below:

1 - As per Princess Haleema Liveaboard and the case of confusion with cabins (caused by an incident with Seafari Explorer, another boat of the fleet), we did our best to provide a full support to our clients and always fought for the interest of our clients throughout the process and communication with the fleet to soften any possible conflict and deliver the quality service. I believe we did what was our duty on this matter.

2 - An update on Seafari Explorer Liveaboard. Yes, unfortunately there was an incident with Seafari Explorer when it hit a reef in the very beginning of January 2018. However, the good news is it didn't sunk. The vessel is currently on reconstruction. It's supposed to come back to the sea by September - October.

3 - Your concerns about QC of the liveaboards displayed on Divebooker are totally reasonable. That's true that based on B2B ethics in the industry we are not able to give our personal evaluation of a liveaboard and put it online. We are put into limits to work with media kits provided by liveaboards. However, our clients' interests is our primary concern. We try to speak to our website visitors via other travelers experience, reviews and ratings. Moreover, our customer support team works as personal assistants. Every single request is supported by recommendations based on best practice and reliable partnerships with service providers. In the whole history of Divebooker we haven't sent any divers to Maldives Princess Liveaboard. The importance of this questions is extremely high, so we are committing to contact the fleet and run an investigation on this matter.
I will follow up with an update when we have a feedback from the boat.

First, I would like to apologize for the delay, somehow I just didn't get any notifications about Divebooker being mentioned in comments.

To follow up on all points that were mentioned here, please see our comments below:

1 - As per Princess Haleema Liveaboard and the case of confusion with cabins (caused by an incident with Seafari Explorer, another boat of the fleet), we did our best to provide a full support to our clients and always fought for the interest of our clients throughout the process and communication with the fleet to soften any possible conflict and deliver the quality service. I believe we did what was our duty on this matter.

2 - An update on Seafari Explorer Liveaboard. Yes, unfortunately there was an incident with Seafari Explorer when it hit a reef in the very beginning of January 2018. However, the good news is it didn't sunk. The vessel is currently on reconstruction. It's supposed to come back to the sea by September - October.

3 - Your concerns about QC of the liveaboards displayed on Divebooker are totally reasonable. That's true that based on B2B ethics in the industry we are not able to give our personal evaluation of a liveaboard and put it online. We are put into limits to work with media kits provided by liveaboards. However, our clients' interests is our primary concern. We try to speak to our website visitors via other travelers experience, reviews and ratings. Moreover, our customer support team works as personal assistants. Every single request is supported by recommendations based on best practice and reliable partnerships with service providers. In the whole history of Divebooker we haven't sent any divers to Maldives Princess Liveaboard. The importance of this questions is extremely high, so we are committing to contact the fleet and run an investigation on this matter.
I will follow up with an update when we have a feedback from the boat.

Thank you for your response, were there any passengers onboard the Seafari Explorer during the incident and were any injuries reported? I am not asking you to disclose confidential specific details, but as a liveaboard diver, the general information is important to me.

Back
Top Bottom