Horrible Service - Seafari Princess Haleema and Seafari Explorer Sinking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a similar experience with Seafari Maldives. They are the worst but no reply to complaints. You were probably lucky to get transferred to Haleema as the Seafari Explorer is a disgusting boat. When I was there they didn't have enough food or ant real coffee and the boat decor is horrible with old wallpaper in the halls.....its a terrible boat and the guides have no manners. They talk about the customers constantly in front of other customers ...think the manager is rubbish... but also heard a man i know had to sleep on the roof of the Haleema during a Southern trip and the dive masters had their own private cabins !!!!. He was having trouble with his roommate who was insulting him and so as an answer the manager put him on the roof to sleep while people were smoke and drinking and playing music on the next level....so unbelievable...They are the worst company,I wouldn't go near them again...It goes on and on...

Last edited:
Reactions: JHC
Had a similar experience with Seafari Maldives. They are the worst but there is no reply to complaints. You were probably lucky to get transferred to Haleema as though its really old and crowded the Seafari Explorer is an older more badly made and ugly boat. When I was there they didn't have enough food or coffee and the boat decor is horrible with old wallpaper in the halls.....its a terrible boat and the guides have no manners. They talk about the customers constantly in front of other customers ...think the manager is rubbish which is probably where the problem lies ands so the staff do not seem to be properly trained... but on the other hand I a man I know had to sleep on the roof of the Haleema during a Southern trip and the dive masters had their own private cabins !!!!. He was having trouble with his roommate who was insulting him and so as an answer the manager put him on the roof to sleep while people were smoke and drinking and playing music on the next level....so unbelievable...They are the worst company,I wouldn't go near them again...It goes on and on...Also the staff on the Seafari Explorer are left to sleep in the living room so they are lying all over the boat at night...so depressing but thats what it is about this company...they are a waste of a visit to the most beautiful place on earth. For anyone reading don't be fooled by the low prices and the Facebook page..You get what you pay for...and its cheap for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHC
Wow....

That's too funny. The cabin with the diesel exhaust fumes the guy had to sleep on the roof of the Haleema as well. When he complained they said they would look into it and that was the end of it. In French 'I'll look into it' probably means go away and don't waste my time. I know two of the guides had their own room and none of them offered to switch. They had to turn off their ac the entire trip!

Seafari is the worst hotel, motel, resort or dive operation I have ever been to. I have been to alot ranging from dirt cheap to $600 a night. That being said the local dive guide and boat guys were good which is the only reason I left a tip.

We stayed at the Shamaar guest and dive house in Maamgili to dive with whale sharks. It is run by a local Maldivian and their service is far superior!

Wow....

That's too funny. The cabin with the diesel exhaust fumes the guy had to sleep on the roof of the Haleema as well. When he complained they said they would look into it and that was the end of it. In French 'I'll look into it' probably means go away and don't waste my time. I know two of the guides had their own room and none of them offered to switch. They had to turn off their ac the entire trip!

Seafari is the worst hotel, motel, resort or dive operation I have ever been to. I have been to alot ranging from dirt cheap to $600 a night. That being said the local dive guide and boat guys were good which is the only reason I left a tip.

We stayed at the Shamaar guest and dive house in Maamgili to dive with whale sharks. It is run by a local Maldivian and their service is far superior!
Hi
I agree but I don’t know about the company in Egypt.
Seafari Maldives are a disaster area.... the crew on shining on Haleema are lovely .. I agree and deserve a tip.. but notably when I was there the captain had no cabin either ..(On Haleema) and was sleeping behind the wheel.. wonder if this attitude towards the crew caused the captain in the other boat to drive into a reef causing a probable environmental catastrophe.!!
I can’t understand how any operation can be this bad.
The awfulness of watching Maldivian staff desperate for rest and having no beds was sad indeed.. and the guides just don’t care.. it’s their private hotel. Guests are breaking in on their holiday time.. very depressing company .. I thought they were terrible already and now also I read they hit a reef !!!!!
I hope your next holiday to the Maldives is better...it’s the most wonderful place ..

Thankyou for your reply as I feel better knowing it was not just me or my friend..
People are so afraid to speak out about these things and it’s important that this terrible behavior is not tolerated.. when people plan and pay for a special trip they should be treated properly with respect and kindness especially when their is a problem.. I don’t know how they pick their instructors ?
I hope you have a lovely day ..

Hi
Seafari Maldives are a disaster , I agree. The Maldivian crew on Haleema are lovely .. I agree and deserve a huge tip.. but notably when I was there the captain had no cabin either ..(On Haleema) and was sleeping behind the wheel.. wonder if this attitude towards the crew caused the captain in the other boat to drive into a reef causing a probable environmental catastrophe.!!
I can’t understand how any operation can be this bad... whats going on ??
The awfulness of watching Maldivian staff desperate for rest and having no beds was sad indeed.. and the guides just don’t care.. it’s their private hotel. Guests are breaking in on their holiday time.... very depressing company .. I thought they were terrible already and now also I read they hit a reef !!!!!
I hope your next holiday to the Maldives is better...it’s the most wonderful place ..
People are so afraid to speak out about these things and it’s important that this terrible behavior is not tolerated.. when people plan and pay for a special trip they should be treated properly with respect and kindness especially when there is a problem.. I don’t know how they pick their instructors ?
Ps I will try this guest house when I return next January. Thankyou. The Maldivian people are lovely kind and gentle.
They deserve to be treated better in their own country and The dhoni crew of Haleema should have beds..goes without saying..seafari Maldives are a disgrace.

Hi
Seafari Maldives are a disaster area.... the crew on Haleema are lovely .. I agree and deserve a tip.. but notably when I was there the captain had no cabin either ..(On Haleema) and was sleeping behind the wheel.. wonder if this attitude towards the crew caused the captain in the other boat to drive into a reef causing a probable environmental catastrophe.!!
I can’t understand how any operation can be this bad.
The awfulness of watching Maldivian staff desperate for rest and having no beds was sad indeed.. and the guides just don’t care.. it’s their private hotel. Guests are breaking in on their holiday time.. very depressing company .. I thought they were terrible already and now also I read they hit a reef !!!!!

Thankyou for your reply as I feel better knowing it was not just me or my friend..
People are so afraid to speak out about these things and it’s important that this terrible behavior is not tolerated.. when people plan and pay for a special trip they should be treated properly with respect and kindness especially when their is a problem.. I don’t know how they pick their instructors ?

Back
Top Bottom