Hotel & Dive prices currently

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxAZ

Registered
Reaction score
What are the prices like for hotels and diving these days in Coz? Has there been a decrease due to the world economybeing what it is? We are planning a trip and are curious. Thanks.

Not that I've noticed. Peso is trading at 13:1 against the Dollar, but the prices are in USD and haven't gone down. Yet, there are many good deals available - just not a fire sale.

One good shopping reference is Sidestep.com, but be sure to check "hotels on Cozumel only" after the first search to remove the hotels on the other side of the channel. The try the Vacation search there as well to see hotels with flights.

I recently booked November '09 and April '10 and the airfare was the lowest I have ever received to CZM. The room rate for Hotel Coz in November was $40 per night for two adults which included breakfast. That was booked via Orbitz with their entertain200 coupon. I would say that is as close to a fire sale as you will see.

I'm booked for July and am paying a whole lot less than I paid to go in March 08.
For air, sure.

What about hotel and diving...?

For air, sure.

What about hotel and diving...?

That's hotel and air bought as a package from Travelocity including tax. I doubt the hotel it's self has gone down much if any, but the air makes the whole package really cheap. Actually about half what I saw last year March. Diving hasn't gone down. In fact it's continued to go up at some shops. That's why I'm using a different dive shop for the first time in nearly a decade. The money I'm saving on dives will more than pay for my rental car for the whole week. I can't pass that up.

P.S. I was checking prices daily on Xpedia, Travelocity, Orbits, Hotwire, and others for months and switching departure and return days of the week around trying to find the best deal. For the final month before I booked, Travelocity offered the lowest fares consistently. The day I booked they were $45 cheaper per person for the exact same package than any of the others.
:cool2:

I booked round trip air from Wichita and a room at the Bahia for 7 nights. Total $411 dollars per person. Flying AA through Dallas.

Yeah, you guys are saving a lot on air and packages that include air, but I doubt that any of you got lower prices on hotels or Ops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom