housing and strobes for nikon d70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey thanks for the great website. just went over it and it looks like he has the best prices so far. pretty sure im going to purchase from them. thanks so much!

to ssra30: good luck in bangkok! lol. anyway looked at your website and your pictures are great! cant wait to get this d70 package underway. soon enough. have fun diving!

-matt

dbh:
The Ds-125 is not a starter strobe. It is all you will need....well a second one at some point.

I buy all my gear from Ryan at Reef Photo & Video . Great prices, great service and he won't try to sell you what you don't need.

HTH,
Dave

hey everyone
this is probably going to sound like the stupidest questions of all time to you guys and i feel really stupid asking it. i was just looking into the ds-125 strobe and noticed that most places sell it with the ball and socket arm package. so i was just going to buy that package as it comes with the charger also. i see that it sells in 2 models one with the sync cord and one with the TTL sensor. I am pretty sure that the difference between the two is one is wireless and one is not, please correct me if i am wrong. what would you guys recommend buying. to me it is probably the one with the TTL sensor but i am not sure. is the one with the sensor compatible with the ikelite housing i am looking to buy for the d70. is the new ikelite housing coming out for the d70 TTL compatible as someone mentioned earlier in this post. if i am wrong by any means please correct me. and let me know some new info if anyone has it on the differences between using the sync cord and the TTL sensors. Thanks so much again everyone.
-matt

dbh:
The Ds-125 is not a starter strobe. It is all you will need....well a second one at some point.

I buy all my gear from Ryan at Reef Photo & Video . Great prices, great service and he won't try to sell you what you don't need.

HTH,
Dave

Definitely get sync cord rather than wireless version. I think to use the iTTL converter, you will need the sync cord anyhow.
The Smart charger is very nice, a lot faster to charge the strobes and with digital camera, you will definitely shoot a lot so you want to be able to charge your strobe quickly between dives at least once during the day when you do 3-4 dives per day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom