How about this---What line of equipment in the SCUBA Industry is overpriced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But to stay on track with this thread, what I find overpriced is the WHEEL!!!

What does a piece of plastic got to do with $160??? (US$88.00)

:wacko:

Hey Bloop, I was in at Sealantis (KL Scubapro Dist) sells the Wheel for Rm 195.00. Cheaper than u there.

Tec gear is very over priced and forces some divers to do without which is way overrated. I understand larger market higher demand lower price but $2.00 a metre for bungee cord, give me a break.:confused:

You need to remember the supply chain of gear. The manufacturer who makes a profit, the distributor who makes a profit and the dive shop who makes a profit (small). In some cases the distributor makes the most out of the whole deal.

bloop, your not paying for the plastic in the wheel. your paying for the r and d. how much does any prescription pill really cost. next to nothing. but your paying to recoup the expense of r and d. but that said, i hate the wheel and was upset i had to buy it for DM. why not make me buy a slide rule, manual typewriter or steam powered horseless carriage. but what do i know, i never actually plan a dive anyway. to much work.

I could be mistaken, but the concept for a wheel has been around for a while, right? And these aren't made from some super material which is only found in certain mines in the deep back alleys of a small town in Togo or something right? How much of that wheel can be found in parts at the hardware store, or at least similar enough to build your own?

Its like the $65 for an innertube that holds a peice of a fiberglass rod that has red material with a diagnonal stripe on it.

I guess I'm just really cheap.

the halcyon crotch strap at more than $30 is a riot. and then what about those c-cards? took the ssi drysuit class, paid $150 for the training plus $40 odd for course materials (which is ridiculously overpriced, too) and then have to pay another $40 to get the card. get real. good thing you don't need that card for anything.

I don't know what else you got for the $160, but my Wheel was only $36 at the LDS. You can basically do everything with just side 1 of the RDP if you really understand it, but the Wheel does make it more direct.

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom