How comfortable are snorkel vests? Which one should I choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@diveprof:

I am really grateful for your advice. You give me exactly the kind of information I wanted - thanks!

The Snorkel Vest you recommend indeed looks much better to me than the standard vests. When looking at pictures of the standard vests I get the impression that they sit rather high under the upper part of the body, kind of under the breast, and that they do not reach down to the waist. Am I right? If yes, I am sure that I would find this type of snorkel vest rather uncomfortable and I would not hesitate to buy the style you recommend.
Only problem there could be the weight. Since it's more like a real vest, it should weigh more than the "horse collar" style snorkel vests. I wonder how much it weighs - have you got any idea?

Same question applies to the tube. I might buy both items, because I like both, but again: have you got any idea how much the tube weighs? It's a pity that the weight is never mentioned.

I hope I don't bother you too much with my questions. Thanks again for your kind help!

101snorkel off of Amazon has the best vest out there. It has a brass valve instead of plastic. I have 2 of these for traveling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom