How do I adjust trim?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well? did you get the well built bleach blond's number? You didn't buy all that cool new gear just to go Scuba Diving, did you?

Nice post...I should be peeing in my wetsuit...but I don't do that!

Safe diving to you.

kasdeva, I've got to have a beer with you someday.

Reading your posts does make a newbie feel as if they are not the only one out there having the same exact issues. I started laughing again this am as soon as my eyes opened regarding this post. It makes me feel a little less stressed trying to figure mine out. As tomorrow I am heading to lake rawlings for the DUI Dog Days, and from my understanding it will be busy. So if anyone sees a glazed eyed drooling female just point me in the direction of the water. I will have to try not to show up with people with the 100-1000 dives under their belt with my awsome buoyancy skills.

As tomorrow I am heading to lake rawlings for the DUI Dog Days, and from my understanding it will be busy. So if anyone sees a glazed eyed drooling female just point me in the direction of the water. I will have to try not to show up with people with the 100-1000 dives under their belt with my awsome buoyancy skills.

I envy you. In my part of the world, the biggest training challenge ahead of me is PADI "Peak Performance Buoyancy". I may bumble my way through life looking like Mr Bean, but I get to places in the end. I would pay a fortune to have the opportunity to fail GUE fundamentals.

Best wishes.

edit: I am not being negative about PADI. They have my money and I am glad to spend it enjoying what they have to offer. They offer a great, well governed service, tailored to folks like me taking our first breaths under water.

Last edited:
It is late in the evening and I have just finished a wonderful ten year old bottle of private label pinotage but tddfleming's response stirred a few thoughts. I did wrap the original post in a few fun references to Shadow Divers but the reality is strange. I did wonder whether I should be doing a safety stop in the pool! Really I did! What do I know? The instructors are all sun bleached half my age attractive youngsters with endless energy. I am very, very good at what I do for money and I do suck at scuba diving. At my age that is a humbling dichotomy to deal with.

I envy Jim Lapenta's world wise sea dog smile and the confidence Dr Bill radiates in his perfect sun drenched avatar picture.

I struggle to walk in my kit with my fins on. My back is not the best anymore. It is strange and invigorating to be useless and a little helpless at this stage in my life where I am an expert at all the other things.

I know one thing for sure, the day will come when I do an S-drill with perfect buoyancy.

Have fun at the DUI meeting tddfleming, I am rooting for you.

Thank you Kasdeva! I hear you and understand, it is like starting over in middle age. Oh well, we only live once, might as well have fun while here. My grandfather used to say, "if he were to die that day, he would not regret any of it, as he had lived life." He worked hard and played even harder. I try to live my life the same way. When it is my time I do not want to regret not doing something, or anything at least once. I may not be graceful, but I am having fun. We have to laugh at ourselves.

After tomorrow dry suit day, my next great scuba adventure is Padi Nav couse. As far as I understand, it will be an all female class and a male inst. He may be the next drooling person at the lake next month. He also may find a new job after that class.

Good luck to you!!!

Back
Top Bottom