How do I dive Saudi Arabia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I live in Jeddah 3 years now, first you have to reserve a hotel room in Jeddah Bilad Hotel will be perfect as it has a dive facility as mentioned by SaudiDiver.

The easiet way to dive is to go to New Palm (Nakhil) Beach in obhor area. Gr8 shore dive and well supported dive center. it is called now Dream beach.

You can even go alone and join any group performing a dive.

I hope this is helpful,

I lived in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia from 1974 to 1990. I spent many years snorkaling and later diving with the Aramco Dive club off the East coast from the half moon bay beach which belonged to Aramco oil company. I remember from the early 80's the sea life was pretty nice until the war between Iraq & Iran when they bombed several oil wells and rigs off the coast in the Persian gulf. Oil started to come in and settle in the sand killing off alot of the sea life. Later as the years went by, the sea cleared itself of the oil and the sea life started to come back a bit.

We dived the Al Juraid Islands norht of Ras Tanura and the diving was ok, compared to some dives we did in the Red Sea part, the Arabian gulf does not compare although we did see some manta's and a whale shark once. One could go to Bahrain or Quatar and probebly find it easier to enter the country, travel and dive the gulf if that is what you want. But I would stick with the operations in the Red Sea off of Jedah or in the bay of Aqaba.

I myself am headed to Egypt and dive Dahab, sure would like to go back someday and dive the Arabian Gulf again though. Good times back then.

good luck,
Rob

i go to Saudi frequently as a business visitor with a business visa and like to dive in the red sea. no hassle at all. there are many good dive sites. many visitors go to Yanbu where there is diving from boats. Farasan Island in the South is also good. I have had some very good shore dives just north of jeddah from the Al Bilad beach (run by al bilad hotel jeddah) with desert sea divers who have a shop at this private beach and can rent you gear and take you diving on any day. the shore dive at al bilad is on a coral reef with a wall and lots of sea life. enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom