How do you get across ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwerb:
What if your buddy's lights crap out...can you make due with Scouts and wetnotes? :D

Its so good to see you.

Number two, huh? WOW. What up, daddy? One more and you move from man-to-man to zone defense.

Long live the red dot!

---
Ken

audission:
I'm a bit confused by this thread.

A dSMB is for attracting attention on the surface (of the boat, or rescue in an emergency, no?)

How do you attract your buddy's attention with it underwater?
Why would you ever need to use it to attract your buddy's attention on the surface? (something's gone wrong if you do, surely.) :huh:

The OP addressed both, and the thread starter kinda morphed into a what do you use, and we all sort of piled on.

Its wacky, I know. But that's kinda how this one went - both above and below water attention getters - or better "how do you get across"...

Which I think is charming.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
No crazy Ivans.
Ken
I like doing crazy Ivans. They're good to see if any American submarines are in my baffles...I try to do them once every half hour. :D

Mo2vation:
The OP addressed both, and the thread starter kinda morphed into a what do you use, and we all sort of piled on.

Its wacky, I know. But that's kinda how this one went - both above and below water attention getters - or better "how do you get across"...

Which I think is charming.

---
Ken

Ah ok, thanks Ken.

Well, I suppose you could swim underneath your buddy and rocket it upwards at them... should get most people's attention. :D

do it easy:
...(I'm secretly jealous of Ken for being able to whip out his wetnotes and actually write coherently :wink: )
Ken takes "coherent" and runs another 90 yards past that!! No matter the depth, temp, current or surge, wet gloves or dry, Ken's wetnotes keep me laughing so hard I'm clearing my mask after most exchanges (and it's a well-fitting mask until CGF sets in.)

And all the time the wag is scribbling furiously, he's hanging motionless in the water looking like it ain't no thing. It was one of the fun things I appreciated on our first dive way back when. It was one of the nudges that put me on the path to fundies.

Communication underwater is endless fun with wetnotes. There is so much to see and think and share that regular hand signals just can't express.

So, How do we get across?
HID's to get attention and stay in touch.
Handsignals for the funny and the routine.
Wetnotes for the elegant fun and panache that matters. The grace notes on every dive.

"Romaine? Hess? ChocoLava-cake?" :crafty:

Claudette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom