How do YOU hold your snorkle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hold mine in the gear bag usually left on dry land.

Wildcard:
Just want to make sure Im doing it right after finding out the entire SCUBA community is holding there regs wrong.:wink:

The real question is: How do you donate your snorkel in a snorkel emmergency?!
:mooner:

Gonna share a screw up here. I never use a snorkel except for classes. Also I use an AIR 2 on my BC. Doing my IE I was playing student and was doing the reg exchange exersise. Reg, held inproperly, comes out and AIR 2 goes in. Except in this case the coragated tube with the mouth piece was not my AIR 2 but the seldom used snorkel. Damn near drowned. I hear drowning a failure for the IE.

Wildcard:
I hear drowning a failure for the IE.

Man, that IE thing sounds hard :rofl3:

jeckyll:
The real question is: How do you donate your snorkel in a snorkel emmergency?!
:mooner:

ROFL...that almost made a vegie chip wedge iteslf in my nose. Thanks for the laugh!
:rofl3:

Nemrod:
DSCF0222.jpg

Well, the boat is put away, winter is upon us and no diving on the horizon but we still must practice our MOFH, gotta stay sharp. My dad wears a classic oval and holds a ScubaPro Shotgun snorkel, my wife a Mares X Vision, I have a superb Nemrod with Nemrod Malaga snorkel and my mom wears a wonderful old ScubaPro with Shotgun snorkel. Mac, the collie, is spiffy in a wonderful old Dacor!

Happy Thanksgiving day to all.

N
I hate to hijack such a serious thread but....Nemrod, where did you get that knife you're holding? I have what's left of one that looks just like that. It has lots of good memories.....like in my IDC when the CD pulled out this little knife and said, "as instructors you all need to have a knife or cutting tool....to which I slowly pulled this beast out and said in my best Australian accent, "that ain't a knife....this is a knife". I got it in Kuantan, Malaysia and it was razor sharp...I was amazed and so was the sales lady as I shaved most of both arms in the store, blowing the hair all over the floor. And it was a great blade. All I'd do was pass is over a stone of sharpener and it'd be razor sharp again. But recently my kids broke the plastic handle off opening coconuts. I want another one.

Hank49,
If you want to try salvaging the handle, get some Oakleys Plumbers epoxy (comes in a plasitc tube and looks like plastercine <sp?>. The stuff is damn near indestuctable and is great for fixing this kinda stuff.

Many thanks, DarkCoffee. I'll try to find some in Belize City.

Hank49:
I hate to hijack such a serious thread but....Nemrod, where did you get that knife you're holding? I have what's left of one that looks just like that. It has lots of good memories.....like in my IDC when the CD pulled out this little knife and said, "as instructors you all need to have a knife or cutting tool....to which I slowly pulled this beast out and said in my best Australian accent, "that ain't a knife....this is a knife". I got it in Kuantan, Malaysia and it was razor sharp...I was amazed and so was the sales lady as I shaved most of both arms in the store, blowing the hair all over the floor. And it was a great blade. All I'd do was pass is over a stone of sharpener and it'd be razor sharp again. But recently my kids broke the plastic handle off opening coconuts. I want another one.
It looks quite much like the one i bought this summer as well, except mine has a jagged part of the blade. I bought it through my instructor, so where exactly it was supplied from im not sure.. Ill try finding out and PM you..

Back
Top Bottom