How do you protect yourself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guba:
Wait...there are CATTLE underwater? I must not have been looking as close as I thought. (Either that, or I really need to have the prescription of my mask checked.)

Well there are cattle boats???:D

BiggDawg:
But I take a buddy along :eyebrow: as protection against "feeling vulnerable." That gives me a 50/50 chance the shark will eat him, instead...:11:
BD

Hadn't thought of that but good idea :D

I don't see the need for cutting items like knives, and don't have one, but the normal reasons i hear are cutting yourself free and getting rid of old fishing nets tangled on something.

I also cannot think what a knife would do to a shark other than make it more angry and likely to attack you :shakehead

I see that Don. Thanks for the link. $600 ????? Did you see the illustration of the diver fighting the shark? Unbelievable....

That's my thought too, especially if you can get his Achilles Tendon. Like they say in case of shark attack all you have to do is swim faster than your buddy. :)

Who in their right mind would take on a shark with that wasp knife. The only way it might work is if it goes off in his belly after he takes your arm off.

LOL on the cattle boats!

Hey, that might be one true application. There have been times I wanted a prod in hand when one of those things anchored nearby! (I'll teach em' to silt up the bottom or drag gear over the reef!)

sjspeck:
That's my thought too, especially if you can get his Achilles Tendon. Like they say in case of shark attack all you have to do is swim faster than your buddy. :)

What if there are 2 sharks?

Look, obviously you anti-knife people have never seen Seahunt. You desperately need a large knife underwater to deal with all of those pesky hosecutters. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!

Back
Top Bottom