How do you tote your tanks??? Getting the cart before the dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN,

The first rule of DIY is that we do this stuff to justify the toys, I mean tools. So go buy a MIG or TIG and start laying beads until you feel clever with it.

Is it stainless? Sounds lie steel with a dusting of bright cold galvanize finish or other silver spray.

Pete

Back in the days you came out to dive with us, Pete, I used a normal hand cart to carry all my dive and video gear down to the dive park (about 1 mile) and back up my hill to the house afterward. Kept me in great shape. Then I became a total wuss and bought the Dr. Bill Mobile (my golf cart). So much easier going back up my hill from the park... good thing since I have a bit more bioprene now to drag up the hill!

I like the big wheels on that cart. Should make carrying the tanks a lot smoother! Why didn't I think of that back then?

Bill, one of my favorite places to dive has a number of tree roots I have to negotiate. I built this to do just that, as well as to keep them stable.

Such kind words. Thank you ! There are probably better options out there and I have other projects calling my name, like my Sprinter. Now, that holds 24 tanks and a lot of dive gear. No time to go into production.

On very rare occasions I use a metal dolly, with wheels way too small if I have to drag it through sand. But it's so rarely used it's not worth buying something else. All my other dives mean just carrying everything if it's to a boat (not far from the car usually anyway of course). For shore dives I gear up and down from the trunk of the car. If it's too far a walk to the entry I don't dive there. Sand is my enemy.

I hoist them on my shoulder and take them one at a time. If I'm diving doubles, I attach them to the backplate and carry them on my back.

Then again, I'm 26.

The cart looks great and if I had to walk more than a couple hundred feet to the dive boat or quarry, I'd be interested in something like that!

I hoist them on my shoulder and take them one at a time. If I'm diving doubles, I attach them to the backplate and carry them on my back.

I knew someone who hoisted doubles on his shoulder.

When we were diving Marineland every weekend I needed something to haul two sets of gear down the trail. Ask Elena about Marineland. :)
DSCF1936.jpg

DSCF1934.jpg

trail.jpg

this would work well for beach dives with those tires... Eurojacks is a long haul and my back isn't what it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom