How Does Diving Make You Feel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving, while I'm actually doing it?

It it makes me feel that I might not have to have been on a first name basis with a spine surgeon.

For an hour or more, it makes me feel painless.

I mentally go there, to that happy place, drifting slowly over a shallow Sunny reef, when I'm lying face down on a cold stainless steel table and they're using fluoroscopy to guide long needles...

Weightless, finally free from the physical bodily torment of gravity.

I am free.

A bit like a kid in a candy shop. I love looking at all the various forms of life: coral, crustacians, little fish, slugs, big fish, turtles, squid...... I like it all. My wife says that I would dive in a mud puddle.

Diving recreationally with my wife Debbie with no responsibility for other divers makes me feel happy, relaxed, sometimes excited, always serene. I find it makes me feel peaceful, and is a great stress relief. Now, diving with students or leading a tourist group , that's another matter.
DivemasterDennis

Happy, excited and calm, relaxed and thrilled, very fortunate....and Jealous of those that don't have to leave that world. Narc'd at any depth.

Great-------when I narc out-------but--I've never been narc'ed, so------I guess great, if I would narc out.....??

I guess for some reason I feel like I'm accomplishing something, though one probably accomplishes the same amount by cutting the grass or watching TV. If I find a good shell for the collection then I REALLY feel like I've accomplished something. See above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom