How Does Diving Make You Feel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great post Denise!
The one feeling I get regardless of the dive is a simple yet complex feeling of awe!
Like when you were a kid looking through those cheap masks and full foot fins dreaming of depths and cool creatures.
Sometimes I pinch myself and make sure I am really there! :)

Oddly enough when I am diving it is one of the soberest activities where I am pain free!
All my ache's pains go away once I stretch all out with my tanks on at the surface.
When I descend my awareness / focus simply takes over and begins to consumes me relieving any stress or worries filing them into their lock box that opens 45 min. post dive!
Why do I love to dive? It is the only spot where I can totally lock / block everything else out and live in the moment.
Second by second it is that simple and oh so peaceful!

CamG

Zen is the closes word to describe it

This! Underwater is where I go to get away from life. When I am diving, starting with when I pull up to the dive site, nothing else matters. No work, no stress, no worries. I have only been diving for a year and a half, and I know that if I had started diving earlier in life I would not have nearly as many grey hairs as I do. :D

I see a lot of awesome responses to the serenity of diving. The peace, the tranquility. I love it all. But when I cave dive, it introduces a new side of me. A new energy. A new being. Why do we push ourselves? To make a new or better reality or make ourselves more aware of it?

---------- Post added February 12th, 2015 at 10:38 PM ----------

Cam, I love your analogy. You do lock everything else out. The more task oriented the dive, the more you are focused. That may be the reason we push beyond the realms and enter more and more into technical diving..

Remy the best anti - stress is not to second guess yourself and wonder why you didn't do this years ago. There is a season for everything..everytime in our lives..

Amazingly relaxed, especially on a drift dive. The world is gone, no job, family, or life stresses...until I hit 700 psi, the the world starts creeping back in. Can't wait until I can solo, then no buddies to worry about either. Then I may understand Zen.

This song always makes me think of diving. It is about being ON the water but the same feelings I get UNDER water.

[video=youtube;rgubITgGPBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgubITgGPBw[/video]

When I am diving I escape the rush, the chatter and noise. I am totally in the moment, everything else falls away. I float weightless.. the closest thing to flying I can achieve. The only thing I hear are the sounds of my own bubbles, the rice crispy crackle of pistol shrimp, fish feeding and whale song. The water caresses me and the pressure around me eases my pains. The creatures remind me that the world is full of beauty that needs to be protected. I feel alive and at peace...

Like an olden days explorer!!! Exploring an area never before seen!

When the critter decides to cooperate and is captured on video exactly the way I want it, awesome. Other than that it is relaxing and the feeling of weightlessness is very nice.
There were some dives that are so memorable, I will never forget them as long as the brain lasts.
Situation: 45 m down: 40 sharks around us, just me and my buddy.

This song always makes me think of diving. It is about being ON the water but the same feelings I get UNDER water.

[video=youtube;rgubITgGPBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgubITgGPBw[/video]

When I am diving I escape the rush, the chatter and noise. I am totally in the moment, everything else falls away. I float weightless.. the closest thing to flying I can achieve. The only thing I hear are the sounds of my own bubbles, the rice crispy crackle of pistol shrimp, fish feeding and whale song. The water caresses me and the pressure around me eases my pains. The creatures remind me that the world is full of beauty that needs to be protected. I feel alive and at peace...

Oh!! One of my favorite songs!! And yes, I don't sail, although I believe it would be awesome, but the words of the song reminds me of the way diving makes me feel...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom