How fit are you?

What do you do to keep in shape for diving?

• Daily aerobic exercise > 30 min

Votes: 26 13.5%
  • Daily aerobic exercise 20-30 min

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Daily aerobic exercise 10-20 min

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to 5 days/week aerobic >30 min

Votes: 75 39.1%
  • 3 to 5 d/wk aerobic 20-30 min

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • 3 to 5 d/wk aerobic 10-20 min

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Mild aerobic >30 min daily

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Mild aerobic 10-20 min daily

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Mild aerobic 3 to 5 days a week, > 30 min a day

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Mild aerobic 3 to 5 days a week 10-20 min a day

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I don't exercise at all

Votes: 23 12.0%
  • I do very light exercise daily

Votes: 11 5.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm:
I am trying to get an objective poll. Which means, most folks don't like to browse through 10 pages of comments.... They just like to see the bar graphs... Not to read alot of BS... Which the questions you proposed would get us...

I understand what you're trying to get at, I'm just saying the question "how fit are you" and "how much aerobic activity do you per week" is not the same question. I may be nitpicking, but i was just making an observation.

Also, I might add, people like myself do Cardio 6 days a week and weight train at least 3. So you're not getting all the info in the poll answers.

fisherdvm:
????????? I am lost ??????

That was my point.

"How fit are you" needs some sort of reference point.

Terry

catherine96821:
I am a "B-".

"A+" for the worrying about it part.

If JB was home every day, I would have it made in the shade.

Because he makes you exercise, or because he IS your exercise? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

fisherdvm:
Are you fit to dive?
why are your only choices aerobic exercise? is is out of the ordinary to work out at the gym, lifting, and then do 10-20 minutes cardio on an eliptical or stationary bike? Heck man, the way those wetsuits fit, I figure I cant afford to have anything hanging over.

I'm in middling shape, need to get better and drop 30 to 40 lbs. I do 40 minutes of laps in the YMCA pool with mask, fins and snorkel three to five times a week.

College rower- 'nuff said :wink:

Also, flexibility is an important aspect of fitness, so stretching should be in here somewhere....

"You are in very good physical condition. That's why it took so long to elevate your heart rate". So said the tech during my stress test.

Your poll needs to be adjusted. So what if someone works out for 3 hours; you can work out hard or for a long time but not for both.

With that said:

3 days/week (Su, Tu, Th) on eliptical, 30-50 minutes, level 9-10.

4 days/week weight training (bench press, calves, deltoids, triceps on M and F. Curls, deadlifts, rows on W and Sa or Su depending on what day I dive)

Divin'Hoosier:
Because he makes you exercise, or because he IS your exercise? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

yea, both. He likes to bike and lift and really wants my company. I like watching, but he makes me participate.

I must say...I have cleaned his diet up. He was running a tad high on his diastolic and the fish oil and garlic and co-Q-10 really made a difference (evidently).

Eating well is more fun together. Plus we find it fun to nag each other.
I really fall apart when he is gone.

College rower- 'nuff said
he he...easy to rest on your laurels, I did that for ten years.

Green..your knees holding up on that eliptical? I need to lift, my deltoids have disappeared.

Dash_Riprock:
I work out a little and try to watch what I eat :)

bodybuilder_b-IMG_0017.jpg

Does anyone else find this picture disturbing?:11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom