How is this possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the end of the year one year I opened my pony to inspect it. Imagine my surprise when I found it 3/4 full of seawater. It was an Al-13, about a 2 liter, so it had maybe 1 1/2 liters of water in it. I checked the button gage, stuck at 3,000, so I never checked if it actually had air in it. I dive an atomic reg, so every dive I put just a little more water in the cylinder.

I learned many lessons, not the least of which is that a pony does you no good if you don't check it's use before every dive.

So, it is possible to get that much water in a cylinder, but not if the cylinder is kept above 500 PSI. IMHO.

If you dont empty the seperators often enough. yes you will pump water into your tank.

Could an oilless compressor that does not use desicant material in the filter be responsible for that much water after some number of fills?

---------- Post added September 21st, 2014 at 09:42 PM ----------

I know of a former LDS that connected his moisture filtration backwards. air in the top and out of the bottom. any condensate blew right into the tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom