How long have you been diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sucked my first air from a SCUBA tank in 1961 or 1962 at the tender age of 14. Yes, both the tank and I were underwater!

Got certified much later (1969, LAC) when the school I was to teach marine biology at wanted me to become official.

Dr. Bill

Almost to the day.

Been diving in:

Hawaii
Monterey
Channel Islands (Santa Barbara)
Key West
Fiji
Ireland

101 dives and hoping to get wet again real soon!

:D
Lisa

JUST Kidding,
I've been at it 31years in May.
I started scuba diving (certifed NAUI) in May 1972.
I certified as a NAUI instructor in 1978.
I cross certified as a PADI instructor in 1991.
I certified Nitrox Instructor 2000.

Mike D

I finished certification in 1989. My first dive was in 1982 with my father in the Meditterean Sea. I have been hooked ever since.

Wreck Ranger

I have been diving since 1992. All while on vacation in the Caribbean on various islands. Really enjoyed it and because I could make the DMs feel comfortable about my abilities, never thought about getting my certs.

Last few years, I started to run into more places that would not let me dive without my Card. So, I bit the bullet and aced my PADI OW cert. This year I will be working on my AOW and eventually move on to DM.

I may also start diving in colder waters and training for Tec/Rec. I have been testing a new Semi-Dry wetsuit and drysuit. I'll just have to get used to the limited vis. Either way, it's all good.

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom