How long to wait to dive after bends?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not believe you that you where bent, my hands fall asleep all the time and get cramps, when in an airplane same as my right elbow I get a very sharp pain just diving the car.

Agree with DocVikingo....certainly does sound suspiciously like a DCS hit.

Standard set of guidelines after treatment of DCS is no flying / going to altitude for a min of 3 days. A number of Dr's would like this to be longer, then they tend to generally recommend waiting a min of 1 month before diving again, however the strongly advised for the person to see a diving Dr. prior to diving.

thanks for all the help, i'm gonna try to see a doc in suva this week before attempting to dive this weekend. hope he clears me. and riverdiver, i'm not trying to lie about being bent brother, just merely asking a community of people who know more about diving/dive medicine than me. no need to be a dick man.

I'm not sure what your profiles were like but if your case of suspected DCI seems undeserved than seeing a doctor to rule out a source of increased susceptibility or pulmonary barotrauma is a must. In the case of complete resolution of mild symptoms Edmonds et al. recommends 4 weeks before returning to diving.

Back
Top Bottom