How many cutting tools?

How many cutting tools do you carry on an "average" dive?

• None - I dive naked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 small (4" or smaller) knife

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • 1 large knife

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 1 pair of shears

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • 2 knives

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • 1 knife and 1 pair of shears

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • 2 knives and 1 pair of shears

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • I dive ready to do battle with the Lambton worm...

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My answer wasn't really there:

One "regular" knife on left waist strap.
One "z" knife on inside of computer strap.
One pair of trauma sheers in drysuit pocket.

One "z" knife on inside of computer strap.

Yeah, I didn't quite know what to do with Z-knives in the poll so I ignored them.

A small BCD knife and shears in a pocket is normal or average dive for me.
I add a more substancial knife to my leg depending on the dive site or conditions.

I'm working on a bracket for my doubles so I can mount my Katana on them! That way the shark, terrorist diver, or deadly bluegill will think I'm just checking the isolator. Then BAM!

One knife, shears and diagonal cutting pliers.

With the adage "Two is one -one is none" and I don't know where I heard it.
I carry one z line cutter always fitted on my harness and one folding knife some where about the body!

One knife, shears and diagonal cutting pliers.

Diags? That's intriguing. I can think of a couple of reasons why this could be a good idea or at least not a bad one, but since you've actually carried them and I haven't, I more interested in hearing your rationale, if you don't mind.

Usually a blunt titanium knife (with line cutter) on my leg.
My first ocean dive was in NC close to enough to shore that (impolite) fishermen anchored on the same wreck and dropped their sinkers literally 2 feet from my head. This was maybe my 8th dive overall so I didn't know people ever brought shears. Now I bring them when necessary. They seem to rust up very quickly even with rinsing, which is why I love titanium. Does this not annoy anyone else?

Usually a blunt titanium knife (with line cutter) on my leg.
My first ocean dive was in NC close to enough to shore that (impolite) fishermen anchored on the same wreck and dropped their sinkers literally 2 feet from my head. This was maybe my 8th dive overall so I didn't know people ever brought shears. Now I bring them when necessary. They seem to rust up very quickly even with rinsing, which is why I love titanium. Does this not annoy anyone else?

I've got a large non-titanium knife that I don't dive with anymore because it rusted quickly, and yes it's very annoying. In the situation you mentioned I would've been tempted to cut the fisherman's line, although I could see them trying to set the hook if someone tried:shocked2:.

Usually I've got a knife on the waist strap and one on my leg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom