How many dives do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do the same dive 100 times, do you have 100 dives or just one dive that you've done 100 times.
`

Each dive is counted separately. As long as the dive is at least 15 feet for 20 mins. (or however your agency defines a "scuba dive") then it's a dive. Doesn't matter if you do it once or 600 times. Every dive will have something different about it. Weather, nature, something. :)

NWGratefulDiver once bubbled...
Been diving since March 2001 ... logged just over 650 dives, mostly in Puget Sound and British Columbia.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's 18 months / 650 = 36 dives per month, or, more than 1.2 dives per day.
Wow. No wonder you're grateful! :)

Actually Rick it's 30 months ... and averaging just under 22 dives per month. But in fact, almost half my dives have been in the past year (unemployment leaves one lots of time for diving).

But I'm still Grateful ... :)

And yes Walter ... I log all my dives ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Rick Inman once bubbled...

That's 18 months / 650 = 36 dives per month, or, more than 1.2 dives per day.
Wow. No wonder you're grateful! :)

Isn't March 2001 until October 2003 thirty months?

--Sean

Bob,

Are you the dive shop owner who told lobstermobster you have over 9000 dives?

Uh uh ... didn't realize that's who you were addressing your question to (since it followed Rick's post).

Never mind ... but FWIW I know a dive shop owner here in Seattle who's got close to 9,000 dives as well.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I just joind this board to day. It seems that when divers arent diving thier on a computer. I have another question for you. How many hours do you spend on your computer?

lobstermobster once bubbled...
I just joind this board to day. It seems that when divers arent diving thier on a computer. I have another question for you. How many hours do you spend on your computer?

Way more than diving I'm sad to say. Of course my job requires the computer use, which then lets me dive.:wink:

If you dive all the time, say every other weekend on the average, you can get about 50 dives per year. Everyone I know who is truly addicted to diving logs about that many.

Then it all depends on how many years you will dive until you burn out and change hobbies.

10 years of diving is the longest I have heard of anyone burning the candle at both ends for diving. That would come to about 5000 dives.

Anyone who tells you they have more than 5000 dives is probably lying.

Anyone who tells you they have 5000 dives is probably lying too.

Think of the bone necrosis after 5000 dives???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom