How many folks have the Canon 20D?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought a 10d two years ago and last year I bought a Ikelight housing & strobes..At the end of the year I bought a 20d for surface shots and other...Last week I ordered a Ikelight housing and another ds-125 strobe...When is Bob comming to Alaska to shoot some pics??

sitka diver:
Bought a 10d two years ago and last year I bought a Ikelight housing & strobes..At the end of the year I bought a 20d for surface shots and other...Last week I ordered a Ikelight housing and another ds-125 strobe...When is Bob comming to Alaska to shoot some pics??

What? A spoiled warm water diver like me. Do you have a spare dry suit?

---Bob

SitkaDiver - what are you diving there for? Yuck. Get outta the channel. (John Brown is OK though)

Hey - did you hear that Earl was dead? I've heard it around, but I don't really think it's true. Do you?

seakdivers:
SitkaDiver - what are you diving there for? Yuck. Get outta the channel. (John Brown is OK though)

Hey - did you hear that Earl was dead? I've heard it around, but I don't really think it's true. Do you?
Yea I herd that but I saw him just the other day..Been seeing them every day on the breakwater.....

I have a 20D (and a D30, 1D and 1dMKII for that matter) and it is a terrific camera. I was at PhotoShop World last week in Boston and Canon was showing the 20Da, which is a slight upgrade.

Technically, my 20D is my back up camera, but often I use it as the primary because it is lighter and I like the image quality. I would go with an Ikelite housing.

I wasn't sure from your post if you were looking for information on the camera itself, or just the housing setup. If you are looking for indepth technical specs on the camera, I would suggest going to www.luminous-landscape.com...the best site around for the photo equipment reviews.

Jeff

ssra30:
Whatever improvement on the body, I hope it will get bigger viewfinder and better AF system. I

Then you can go and speculate with the Nikonians crowd without having to wade through tons of trash talk then :)

It seems that lots of D200 supposedly leaked spec right now is probably made up by someone in retaliation to supposedly leaked EOS 5D just to keep speculations even for both camps :wink:
All I want to a cheaper backup body in D2 bodies but don't really want D2H or D2Hs!

You DO realize that the D2h will FIT into your D2x camera housing?

I'm not sure if every button and control are the same, but having a backup body that fits in your primary housing maybe the way to go. The D2h WAS selling for $1999, and WOW that is a LOT of camera for the buck.

The D2H is no slouch in the image quality department. Dispite it's lowely 4mpix sensor, I've seen STUNNING 16x20's out of that body! I likley should have sold my D1x when the D2h was 2K, and bought one. Then again, I really enjoy the D1x.

[Hola:
Yes, I have the Ikelite housing with ds125 strobe and I am getting excellent results. I would highly recommend the Ikelite housing. We just returned from Mexico. The system worked perfectly and while rather large and heavy on the surface, it was well balanced and easy to use below.
I was using the 16-35mm canon lens, so macro photography was not an option, but it really was not a problem. Do remember to watch your flash sync speed (1/250) though and adjust your f stop accordingly.
BTW, this is my fourth U/W system and by far the best. Oh, I bought it from Helix in Chicago.

Good diving

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom