How many military/ex-military people on the board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds familiar but I'm not sure if we ever flew there. I remember our main training area as Wainwright with rolling hills, lots of trees, one main river, and kind of swampy. Our job was air assault insertions with the Griffins, hauling some artilliary pieces for live fire, and light casevac. While we were there they had that ill-fated night jump in high winds and there were lots of injuries.
I had a great time there. Lots of great people from the weather service guys to the mess cooks. We had a good working relationship with everybody, hopefully the incident in with the PPCLI in Afghanistan didn't change that.
We (Blackhawks and Apaches) belong to the Idaho National Guard.

Dave

Inspector#2:
About 3 or 4 years ago our unit from the US (Blackhawks and Apaches) trained with LdSH and the light infantry at the base around Wainwright (sp?). We had a great time and the Canadians were a blast after hours!!! I've got to respect a military that has hot soup, coffee, and peanutbutter sandwiches available 24/7!
The nurses at the base in Edmonton were pretty hot too. (I had a little accident with alcohol that required a couple IV's to fix.)

Dave

Canadian Army. Got my CD, and decided that was long enough. I noticed armour, GGFG, and a couple of others from Canada past and present. Hi all, I'm sure if I don't know you I know someone you know. The blessing and curse of a small army.

The more times I ate in foreign messes, the more I appreciated ours. Even the one in Wainwright. :)

USAF 68-72 Crew Chief C-141s

Served in the US Army, Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard. Occupation duty in Japan '47 - '49. Combat in Korea '51-'52 in an Airborne Ranger Company. (The First AIRBORNE Rangers) US Army Special Forces (Green Beret) 1961 to 1990. :m16: Retired from US Army Reserve. Total time 30 + Years :Wizard:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom