• Quit-more than 12 months ago

Votes: 75 20.0%
  • Quit-but went back to smoking

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Non-smoker (never smoked)

Votes: 183 48.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of my dive buddies smoke cigarettes. I quit 25 years ago. However, I still enjoy a good cigar.

Eric

scotter once bubbled...
No coffin nails here... just the once-in-a-blue-moon cigar. Biggest complaint about cigars: it tastes like a cat defecated in my mouth the morning after I smoke one.

DISCLAIMER: This is only a theory since I don't know what cat feces taste like.

NOTE ON DISLAIMER: I had to give this disclaimer since I just know somebody would ask me how I knew what cat feces tasted like :rolleyes:

i dont understand, if it tastes soo bad, why on earth do you smoke :confused:

scotter once bubbled...
Biggest complaint about cigars: it tastes like a cat defecated in my mouth the morning after I smoke one.

Invented in Kentucky is a device known as a tooth brush.

I guress, if it had been invented elsewhere, it would be called a teeth brush.

:confused:

Just kidding. Try a tongue scraper before brushing. Otherwise that garbage sitcks around, on your tongue, for days.

Eric

All of my friends are smokers And I was married to a smoker f/ years. If I had a choice I'd pick a non-smoking enviorment over a smoking one. But I think the laws in N.Y. & Calif. are pretty tough. It must be terrible f/ the restaurant & bar business.

I like that they have a non-smoking area in restaurants, that's good enough for me. And I love the non-smoking flights.

I hate the rude smokers. The ones who flick their cigarette butts out the car window, empty their ashtray in their parking space and blow smoke right into your face. I think a few rude smokers have ruined it for the courteous ones.

scotter once bubbled...
No coffin nails here... just the once-in-a-blue-moon cigar. Biggest complaint about cigars: it tastes like a cat defecated in my mouth the morning after I smoke one.

DISCLAIMER: This is only a theory since I don't know what cat feces taste like.

NOTE ON DISLAIMER: I had to give this disclaimer since I just know somebody would ask me how I knew what cat feces tasted like :rolleyes:

Go to a good cigar shop and try a good cigar and stay away from the cheap machine made smokes in the grocery stores.

When I was in college I covered an entire 14 x 8 wall with the cut out fronts of our cigarette packs. We called it "The Wall of Death." I have since quit smoking and drinking for obvious reasons.

When I was in college, I made a poster with 365 empty condom wrappers stapled to it. I called it "A tribute to GOOD YEAR" (It was after all, a VERY good year) *lighting up* *puff* *puff* Oh, and I had a cigarette ex post facto everytime! *smug look*

JohnStrr once bubbled...
When I was in college I covered an entire 14 x 8 wall with the cut out fronts of our cigarette packs. We called it "The Wall of Death." I have since quit smoking and drinking for obvious reasons.

GQMedic once bubbled...
When I was in college, I made a poster with 365 empty condom wrappers stapled to it. I called it "A tribute to GOOD YEAR" (It was after all, a VERY good year) *lighting up* *puff* *puff* Oh, and I had a cigarette ex post facto everytime! *smug look*

And they say that smoking is dangerous. :D How can anyone smoke and maintain the stamina for that? Jeez......

Kat once bubbled...
All of my friends are smokers And I was married to a smoker f/ years. If I had a choice I'd pick a non-smoking enviorment over a smoking one. But I think the laws in N.Y. & Calif. are pretty tough. It must be terrible f/ the restaurant & bar business.

I like that they have a non-smoking area in restaurants, that's good enough for me. And I love the non-smoking flights.

I hate the rude smokers. The ones who flick their cigarette butts out the car window, empty their ashtray in their parking space and blow smoke right into your face. I think a few rude smokers have ruined it for the courteous ones.

I don't smoke, never have. I have too many other bad habits. But, I won't be one of the militant non-smokers either. Too many of my friends smoke.

I will say that of the divers that I know (and I know several), only one that I dive with actively smokes now. It does make diving more difficult on air consumption. I would imagine that the decreased circulation even has a bad effect as far as DCS prevention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom